CLOSED B/C politics. Mail in ballots? Do you have any more doubts now?

This article from the Atlantic makes it sound like the USPS has processed themselves into the ground.

# What Really Scares Voting Experts About the Postal Service

No matter what Trump says, the USPS has the money and the capacity to handle a huge surge in mail-in ballots. But new restrictions could disrupt the election.

Do you know the difference between mass mail and absentee mail

Weird coincidence, postal service has worked since its creation for more than 250 years but all of sudden it can’t be trusted. Isn’t the postal service guaranteed by the constitution? You would think more people would be working to fix than dismantle it.

4 Likes

Other than the name there is no material difference.

1 Like

Educate us, why does one work and the other won’t?

1 Like

From the article you posted…”Democrats have urged voters for months to cast ballots by mail as a way to participate safely during the pandemic. Now they’re saying that Trump is sabotaging the Postal Service—questioning whether the mail can still be trusted.

Can it? I asked Connolly. Yes, he replied. “It’s really important that we not fall into the Trump trap that you can’t trust the Postal Service to handle your ballot. That’s a false narrative,” he said. “There’s no reason to believe that. There are complications because of what DeJoy is doing.” “

How did they process themselves into the ground?

Personally I think the mail system will be fine. Will there be delays with the final,outcome in some states where it might be close? It happened with Gore V Bush, it wouldn’t be the first. And it worked out.

I think people will not fill out their ballots correctly or miss a signature and have their vote thrown out. I have read lots of those stories.

People will have to put a full postage stamp and not reply on bulk, or drop it off in an approved drop box.

But there is no massive examples of huge ballot fraud.

2 Likes

The 2nd half of the article focuses on the process changes that are the concern and is the theme of the article such as this one of many:

Mark Dimondstein, the president of the American Postal Workers Union, told me the changes were “demoralizing” for his members. He’s heard reports from postal workers who say Monday mail isn’t going out until Wednesday and that in some jurisdictions on some days, mail isn’t going out at all. “They’re ordering workers to leave mail for another day,” he said. “That goes against our DNA.”

I’ve voted by mail since 2018 and plan to continue doing so.

2 Likes

Right and those those changes came at who’s direction? And who was the person who put DeJoy in that position to make those changes? The new policies look to be slowing things down.

As the article points out is is the Postal Service and not the Postal company.

1 Like

I didn’t realize how bad the sabotage is, they are removing mailboxes and sorting machines. Holy cow, if you believe in democracy how can you condone this?

4 Likes