Concerts

Can’t hold a candle to Rush from a purely musical standpoint……maybe they put on a better show….talent and sound not close.

2 Likes

I would put Rush, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, and Cream WAAAAAY above Green Day. It’s not even close.

2 Likes

Eh depends on age lol. I’m 26, and even though I agree with you’re opinion one might put Green Day, Blink-182 and Nirvana above those bands you listed

Cream, Jimi Hendrix, and Rush are pretty easily the greatest three-person bands with ZZ Top just behind if not in that group.

2 Likes

BLASPHEMY!!!

1 Like

My first concert live was Supertramp during the Breakfast America tour. For some that appreciate Supertramp I was at the Paris Live recording album. I shouted Go Coogs and madcowsu sucks…just kidding.
You can’t beat live concerts be in a pub, circle arena, big arena or stadium,
Genesis at the Astrodome was an amazing show.
Pink Floyd in the dome was great too but did not have the same “ambiance” than seeing them in Europe. The same can be said with every band that I saw either in England, rest of Europe and the U.S. In Europe fans gets a lot more into the music and get into it.
The last time I was on the riceoroni campus was to see the last Pink Floyd tour. Well it rained. riceoroni stadium became a swimming pool and the concert had to stop and be cancelled…still waiting for a refund.
The Summit tour memories:
The Police in 83 for their Synchronicity tour was outstanding. The Summit WAS rocking.
The Pretenders was great too.
U2 put on a terrific show.
Tears for Fears
ZZTop, personal memories with these guys. R.I.P. Dusty. All three are great guys.
Lynyrd Skynird
Eric Johnson
Elton John at the Woodlands Pavillion
Red Hot Chili Pepers way before they became famous in a round arena. Can’t remember the name.
David Gilmour
Van Hallen
Kool and the Gang
Joe Satriani, unreal
I saw Willie Nelson on his farm on my way to Austin but that does not count.
The Eagles, always an amazing acoustic.
When Stapples Center first opened I saw springsteen. The sound was horrible, absolutely horendous.
U2 at The Rose Bowl was horrible too. Bad sound and the band was a shadow of itself than when I saw them at the Summit.
Always wanted to see YES and ELO but every time I was too busy…one day.
There was a pub called the Piggy whistle I believe that had great young and upcoming bands.
Nothing beats a live show.

Jimi Hendrix once played in Lil Richard’s band. That would have been a sight. Lucille - Little Richard (fet. Jimi Hendrix) - YouTube

1 Like

I’ll take a band I can see over acts I can’t every time.

1 Like

It’s a lot easier too. LOL

1 Like

Getting back to THREE man rock bands, IMO, the longevity, production, popularity and cultural impact of a band means something. If this is true, then we should consider the below three man bands in those terms. I’m not trying to choose the best among the list.

Jimi Hendrix Experience. 1966-1970. He passed in 1970. 3 studio albums.

Cream. 1966-1969. 4 studio albums.

James Gang. 1966-1971. 3 studio albums. Joe Walsh left and later joined the Eagles.

Rush. 1968-2020. 19 studio albums.

ZZ Top. 1969-Present. 15 studio albums.

Emerson, Lake & Palmer/Powell. 1970-1994. 9 studio albums.

Motorhead. 1975-2015. 23 studio albums. The three original members have passed.

The Police. 1977-1986. 5 studio albums. Sting went solo.

Nirvana. 1987-1994. Cobain passed. 3 studio albums

Green Day. 1987-Present. 13 studio albums.

Blink-182. 1992-Present 8 studio albums.

Add the minutemen. An outrageously good trio. I consider them one of the greatest bands of all time (seriously).

1980 - 1985, 4 studio albums, 6 EPs, 7 compilation albums. Broke up when d boon (guitar/lead singer/main songwriter) died in a van accident.

1 Like

Emerson Lake and Palmer

Crosby Stills and Nash

Jim had two bands one with Noel Redding and Mitch Mitchell (Experience) and Buddy Miles & Billy Cox (Band of Gypsies)

1 Like

And later my favorite trio of Jimi, Mitch Mitchell and Billy Cox. :exploding_head:

“Crosby Stills and Nash” :nauseated_face::face_vomiting:

And no love for the Fat Boys or the Jonas Brothers……sheesh, tough crowd.

CS&N were a great musical group, but they weren’t a three man band. There were other musicians that backed them up.

1 Like

Looking forward to the Red Hot Chili Peppers on Thursday at Minute Maid Park and traveling to Dallas in June to catch Garbage/Noel Gallagher (Oasis).

Don’t sleep on Foghat, the definition of a three man, three chord band. Saw them at the colosseum in 76. The ceiling “fog” kept getting lower and lower :sunglasses:. Had to carry a buddy out of the arena - out cold. I guess you could say he got (a variation) of a slow ride

A little late but I saw them at Hangout Fest in 2014… They Killed It…

Sorry, had to… But it was a damn good show.

Once saw Rod Stewart & Faces in Indianapolis in this humongous barn like arena. It was the last show of the Ooh La La Tour. Had to duck rockets people kept firing off during the show. I think the whole band was drunk. Craziest show I’ve ever been to.

1 Like