Conference favorite

Have they came out with who they think will win the conference and where everyone else will finish? If so can someone post it please

I think we will be as good or better than this years team. I also think that UCF will win the conference.

official list not till end of summer …

speculative lists not till beginning of summer…lots of teams still recruiting…lots of players still “declared that can come back”

but houston and cincy are pretty locked for 95% for their roster and who is coming back …both of us will be somewhere in the top 3 … but note cincy could lose its coach

• memphis the likely 3rd, and could be the favorite depending on just home many more elite recruits they can land (currently recruiting 5 elite guys,)
  • uconn could sneak in the conversation if they land 5star recruit precious achiuwa (memphis, uconn and UNC are the favorite for him)
  • note wichita and cincy are heavily targetting high impact grad transfers, if they land one they could jump teams or solidify #1
1 Like

I’ll wait to see who CKS signs in the Spring in a week and a half.

Not sure if that was sarcasm or not…UCF ?

2 Likes

Lol. Right, Fall, Dawkins & Taylor or all gone, and !aybe a few more. UH, Cincy & Memphis ate my top 3.

2 Likes

I think Jim was probably smoking something when he wrote that. If he thinks we are going to be better than this year, then we are going to win conference not UCF.

Tacko Fall has declared for the NBA? I didn’t know that.

1 Like

He was a senior.

1 Like

Ahhh, the old “UH, Cincy and Memphis ate my homework” excuse…:wink:

2 Likes

This isn’t the football board …

3 Likes

For some reason I thought he was a Jr.

1 Like

This is the only way the OP’s post made any kind of sense.

3 Likes

He may declare for the NBA…but I don’t see the NBA declaring for him !

1 Like

Too early to make those predictions. Still have plenty of time for JUCOs, transfers, injuries, etc. If the ones voting do very little research, I think Memphis will be the favorite based on their last two recruiting classes alone. I still have zero confidence with Penny’s coaching versus guys like Sampson, Marshall, Cronin and Gregory though.

Cincy gets a nod for returning their top 3 scorers.
Wichita State gets a nod because they return 7 out of their top 8 scorers and will be the deepest squad.
Houston gets a nod because of how much and how well their depth played and their upward momentum.

I would welcome us being picked 3rd because it plays into what Sampson likes to say when trying to inspire the players to give it 100%. Coach thrives on being the underdog in situations he knows he can win.

Things could possibly be changing for Cincy next year. There are reports that Cronin is going to UCLA. I think it would be a dumb move on his part. He has a solid team at Cincy and will have to totally rebuild UCLA. He has just as a legitimate chance to win a championship staying at Cincy. It would be bad for the AAC in competition if he leaves.

Man… If I was Sampson… I would be bring a graduate transfer guard… Just because Mills and Sasser are young and not experienced; albeit, talented. And bring a young big like Smith.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1115627415294836737

First time I’ve seen UH linked to someone so far this offseason.

2 Likes

not a grad transfer

We’re getting love from 247Sports

[quote=“pesik, post:19, topic:18553, full:true”]
not a grad transfer
[/quote]

1 Like