Congratulations team

For a great year
For bringing basketball back to Uh

Thanks for making the entertainment year great

Thanks Thanks

41 Likes

Seconded. Great run.

4 Likes

Great run, super proud. time to hit the portal hard. Cougar nation knows that we will be back

Very proud of what they accomplished.

2 Likes

Thirded, that was awesome considering how low we’ve been

1 Like

Needs to be an orchestrated “proud of you” crowd waiting for them when they return to campus.

1 Like

Absolutely. This is the best UH sports season I’ve ever witnessed. 346 other DI schools would have absolutely killed to have the season we just had.

3 Likes

Today stings (a lot), but this has been a magical and very strange season. Losing 3 important cogs (got FW back), every player got Covid, and despite all of that we made the FINAL FOUR. Coming out of the Covid pause, if you had told me final four, I’d have called you delusional. A testament to our players and coaches. Let’s cry in our :beer: tonight and celebrate this season and hang a new banner tomorrow. So proud of this group and what they overcame and accomplished.

God speed Deeky, Brison, Justin, and Q

3 Likes

Thanks for everything Coogs!

Thank you bringing this thread.
Prior to March Madness we were nationally ranked 8th I believe. Our run far exceeded this ranking. For the naysayers I will respond that we got to the Final Four. That makes us the fourth best team in America. You don’t agree? The record speaks for itself.
Kelvin Sampson is BUILDING a program. He is building an identity that is very similar to Gonzaga. He recruits the players that fits the program. His “choices” will get better and better…like Gonzaga. Mark Few has been with Gonzaga since…1989 and Head Coach for…22 years.
It took 18 years for Few to lead Gonzaga to the Final Four.
It took SEVEN years for Kelvin Sampson to get us to the Final Four.
Our potential is enormous. This season, this Final Four is another step to reaching our ultimate goal.

4 Likes

Got everything out of this team that we could imagine. Great run boys!

3 Likes

Yes, I’m so proud of this team. They achieved great results, and got everything they could out of this season. Getting to a Final Four is hard, and they can be proud of their efforts. We just ran into a better team today, no shame in that.

Go Coogs!

2 Likes

Talk about overachievers. Great run. Go Coogs!

What a run! Thank you.

1 Like

An absolutely terrific run. Have spent the last ten days up here with my son following the Coogs. It was a championship week even though we didn’t win the title. Nothing like creating and re-creating memories. Go Coogs!

2 Likes

Can’t complain. Baylor is better. If we could have hung around in the 1st half it might have been close. I would have been disappointed had we played a lesser team and lost. Baylor was the best team I’ve seen us play i a long time. Great year. On to football but look forward to next season.

2 Likes

I don’t think there’s any doubt they are the best team team we’ve played in Kelvin’s tenure.

5 Likes

Very proud of what we accomplished this season.

Congratulations and many thanks to coaches, players and staff. You put us on the map and brought honor to the name of the University of Houston.
You will be remembered for posterity.
Thank you for the fantastic ride.

2 Likes

Tremendous ride for all of us! Thank you, players, coaches, staff & administration! PROUD TO BE A COOG!

2 Likes