Congratulations to Charles Barkley

This is one example of several “Kevin Sampson’s”:
https://twitter.com/MarchMadnessMBB/status/1505673598580629507?cxt=HHwWhoCp8aKKneUpAAAA

2 Likes

I like Barkley. Guy’s getting paid to have fun, and it shows.

I don’t agree with everything he says, but he doesn’t give a flip if you agree with him or not. He’s just being himself, IMO.

6 Likes

I listened to their interview of Fabian a couple weeks ago and didn’t recall that slip. In fairness, Franky is his daughter’s name so maybe it was just an honest mistake.

Let’s face it, Granato is our biggest supporter on local radio.

Is it possible that he is saying Kelvin, but just sounds like Kevin? Kinda like how he says turrible?

4 Likes

Before the game, Barkley said the Coogs were the better team, but he thought the Illini would win. He thought Kofi would be too much for us and after they barely beat Chattanooga, they got that out of their way. Other than that, he has been very positive about the Coogs.

I have a hard time calling guys named Craig correctly, I somehow seem to call them Gregg a lot – even when I know them well. I once asked a good friend named Craig if he would consider changing to Gregg.

3 Likes

I will take the Kenny Smith / Chuckster studio to this Rex Chapman / Huggy Bear crew. I love March Madness so I suffer through them just to see the highlights but man are they hard to watch.

4 Likes

It wasn’t during his interview. It was a small recap of the conference tourney when they were on the show Monday. He did it 4 times in about a minute and a half.

Rex and Huggins are terrible and the host isn’t much better.

When Candace Parker is the best of the crew, its time to find a new person in charge of talent.

3 Likes

It’s just linguistic laziness. Like the “nucular” crowd.

Listening to Huggins is painful. He has absolutely ZERO personality! Completely monotone.

Chuck being Chuck. This is why people tune in to see what sort of silly stuff may come out of his mouth.

1 Like

I once threw a regular sized guy through the window of the Varsity Grill on Route 1 outside the University of Maryland. Weird, I threw him into the bar. The fight had started in the bar, then outside. No arrests, cops told us to leave asap.

The next day, my Colonel comes up and says “Vaughan, there’s a rumor you threw somebody through the front window of the Varsity Grill, is that true?” “Yes, sir”, “Hmmm, carry on”. That’s life in the combat engineers.

1 Like

I am hoping he continues to dismiss us. Call me superstitious but picking our opponent to win seems to insure we win. Let’s hope he picks Arizona during the Thursday prep-game show.

What’s wrong with Candace Parker?

1 Like