Coogfans... Prepare for headlines

It would definitely make the entire ‘tanking’ topic (and this twitter rant) mute if we actually beat Cincy.

1 Like

There is one point to add to this.This clearly illustrates how bad of a program applesauce left us with. CDH thought that Justin, even with bad knees would help our program. He bet on him and it backfired.
This is from July.

When you are making a decision to get a player with knees issues like Justin…It sums up where we are. Some have criticized our red shirting policy. CDH has no choice to go that way. Let’s face the facts. We are lacking talents on all fronts. This further illustrates the damage the past two Coaches have caused. vhermin exploited to his credit the talent that Tony Levin brought in. This current “state of affairs” will take a minimum of two seasons before we get back to prominance. Enjoy the bumpy ride. Above all we have to be patient. We have no choice Friends.
Justin?This is from our uhcougars home page.

![image|676x390](up
load://mJ7SiCU6Sq8sgMaviaMwhKenxdz.png)

4 Likes

I still don’t get all the “tanking” talk. At this point, 4 guys are redshirting, 2 of which would have been gone for the year anyway due to injury. We walked into Denton as 7 point dogs and won that game pretty easily. How on earth does that equate to tanking? We are 1-0 post-redshirting. We may lose every game the rest of the year, but to say after 1 game that the entire program is tanking because 2 guys volunteered to sit out after starting the year 1-3 is just nuts.

Also, I agree that this was a terrible move by Murphy. I would think every employer on earth would be hesitant to offer him a job after that tirade. We all want to vent our grievances, but this was a complete failure to weigh the consequences of his actions.

6 Likes

Gosh! Our coach is focused on coaching. I believe that coaching is what he gets paid to do and exactly what we need him to do. - Being a baby sitter, social worker, psychologist, and PR person, as well as getting a diamond studded set of dentures, is not what we need our coach to focus on.

Murphy comes off as being an “all about me” type who has wandered through three schools in search of an orgastic athletic experience but has only been “rewarded” with a free college education and bad knees. And now he wants to share his sense of profound disappointment with the whole world. OK. And so what?

4 Likes

Amen. And thank the good Lord I didn’t have a cell phone, social media or internet to make it all a public record. :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

If you are wanting to give yourself more of a reason to dislike Cincinnati for this weekend they have pretty strong opinions regarding this subject on their board lol

2 Likes

Murphy is the guy who asked UCLA to help him get a 6th year and when approved, transferred.

His twitter rantings are provocative.

8 Likes

which is different than what we’ve heard & definitely not how his father presented it…interesting.

I agree, but the fact that they are provocative doesn’t benefit the University’s, Program’s, or his personal image or agenda. I can’t grasp the reasoning as to why this would have beneficial even for himself.

1 Like

I wish the young man a solid academic semester, a good job, and good health.
I hope he discovers what a terrific school UH is during his stay. Now we need to beat Cincinnati.

6 Likes

I dont blame him for finding an outlet and speaking out over an issue he deemed unfair or was getting alot of comments over in his personal or public life. Alot of people do it whether anonymously or not. But, hes supposed to know things almost never go according to plan. I think what bothers me the most is the whole Dana thing but most of us want a look inside and we got a perspective we weren’t expecting. Can say hes on the fine line of being brave.

1 Like

Exactly…he comments on how ‘the team’ is being sacrificed for what he calls ‘tanking’ the season, but yet, does the most selfish ‘ME’ thing he coulda ever done. And correct me if I’m wrong, but if you’re suggesting the ‘team’ was putting you at risk for the shape your knees and, apparently, your brain (CTE mention) were in by continuing to play, why would you take exception to them having you sit? I get it…because he feels they chose to sit him not on his terms, but it still comes off as contradictory. And also, don’t give me this song and dance about how you came here only because you saw there was a commitment to win. Given your history, Mr. Murphy, be glad you were even given a final chance…a chance you maybe should have just passed up based on said history. Be grateful for your ‘guaranteed compensation,’ go finish your education, move on with your life and grow up!

1 Like

Where there’s smoke, there’s :fire:

2 Likes

I think the most talk about Murphy is on the board. I am dropping this subject and moving on.

3 Likes

Not sure I follow…

Use of the word “tanking” is so incredibly lazy. We are not taking steps to intentionally make our team worse in order to reap a benefit by having a worse record, which is where the word “tanking” came from (effectively intentionally making your team worse to get a reward for losing in the form of a better draft pick). We took steps to hopefully improve our team next year that will have the byproduct of likely making us somewhat worse this year. There’s a huge difference.

5 Likes

This is the lineman we should be talking about instead:

8 Likes

Spooky…I work in sales and just now came across a lead titled ‘Josh Jones.’ Haha Not kidding.

Must mean you’re right!

3 Likes

Even more spooky is that it’s out of West Virginia!

2 Likes