Coogs are headed to Chapel Hill - play Purdue on Friday in Regional

2 Likes

They’re projecting five from the AAC. That would be a good showing.

3 Likes

Hopefully it stays 5 w/Wichita in ‘Last 4 In’.
UCF in ‘Last 4 Out’.

Outside chance at 6?

Last Four In
Troy
Missouri State
Illinois
Wichita State

First Four Out
San Diego State
Mississippi State
Baylor
Central Florida

1 Like

Hope we’re one of them. Got to win a couple this weekend.

2 Likes
1 Like

I want the Georgia regional!

2 Likes

UCF - last 4 out in both.

What a weird BA bracket that has Texas Southern going to Stanford and Gonzaga going to Austin. Figure those would be switched. UCLA would be a tough first round match-up as they have a strong offense. That would be a very winnable regional, but being paired up with Stanford in the Super Regional is less than ideal.

Kind of funny that both had Gonzaga with us in different regionals. I think I’d prefer that 2nd regional even though Oregon State would be a monster. If we could somehow get past the Beavers, we’d be paired up with ECU’s regional.

Perfect Game doesn’t do a bracket; Houston is in, but they also have UCF as the last team in the field:

Getting to Corvalis, Oregon on 3 days notice would be quite a chore for fans. Selfishly I’d prefer Austin, but at least we’re in the field.

I have a feeling we end up in Corvalis or Stanford.

Austin is a long shot because they’re a lower regional and we aren’t one of the top 2s in the field. They need some 2s to go out West and we fit the bill better than most of the other 2s available.

I could see UH as the 3 in Austin with LSU or A&M as the 2.

https://twitter.com/NCAACWS/status/1001136801162104833

4 Likes

Go Coogs! Beat those cheating #%^~#+¥ in Crapel Hill!

5 Likes

Too bad it was not Austin with Aggies, Horns and Tigers…

Oh my…very favorable regional for the Coogs

5 Likes

VERY good draw indeed

3 Likes

Second year in a row we play a Big Ten team in a Regional. Last year it was Iowa.

3 Likes

There is absolutely nothing special about UNC or Purdue. If UH plays its best, it can definitely come out of this region. UNC has a history of gagging too.

3 Likes

Very winnable region for the Coogs.