Coogs Take on Temple: Face Owls at 9 p.m., Saturday, inside Hofheinz Pavilion (W 79-66)

http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/012617aac.html

PROMOTIONS
1980s Final Four Cups – Fans are encouraged to arrive early as NCAA Final Four cups celebrating Houston teams from the 1980s will be given away while supplies last. Doors open at 7:30 p.m., Saturday.

ABOUT TEMPLE
• Entering Saturday’s game, Temple has posted an 11-10 overall record and 2-6 mark in American Athletic Conference play… Owls are for tied with East Carolina for eighth in the latest league standings.
• Temple has lost six of its last eight games… However, the Owls enjoyed a 77-66 home win against Memphis on Wednesday night in their most recent action, ending a three-game losing streak.
• Against Memphis, sophomore guard Shizz Alston Jr. posted 22 points on 9-of-15 shooting with four 3-pointers… Senior guard Daniel Dingle totaled 16 points with seven rebounds, while senior forward Mark Williams came off the bench to post 15 rebounds… Freshman guard Quinton Rose grabbed a game-high eight rebounds in the win.
• This season, Alston leads the Owls with 14.2 points and 4.1 assists per game… Junior forward Obi Enechionyia ranks second with 13.8 points per game but leads Temple with 6.2 rebounds per contest… Dingle stands third with 12.2 points per game.
• Head Coach Fran Dunphy is in his 11th season at Temple and his 28th as a collegiate head coach.
• Has compiled a 535-293 collegiate record and is 225-130 at Temple during his career.
• Previously served as head coach at Temple (310-163 record, 1989-06)
• Dunphy has posted a 2-3 record against Houston during his career with all five previous meetings coming during his Temple tenure.
• 1970 graduate of La Salle.

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/825040147590873088
https://twitter.com/UHCougarMBK/status/825131283416178688

Houston Cougars Men’s Basketball: Temple Preview

Same starters as last game and Devin Davis is supposed to play tonight.

9-8 Temple with 13:53 left. Temple has hit 3-3’s so far. Dotson to the line after the timeout.

Davis about to check in.

9-8 Owls with 13:53 to go.

I’m listening to TU Owls broadcast:

What position does Devin Davis play? I’ve read a lot about missing him. Who does he relieve?

Crowd sounds good on the radio. We’re shooting 3 of 10 so far.

For some reason the UH broadcast isn’t available through the app again and only through CBS all-access which requires a subscription. 3rd of the last 4 games that’s been the case.

PF, would usually start instead of Nkali or Knowles.

Aflakpui for Temple picks up his 3rd foul early.

Refs calling a lot of fouls.

1 Like

Dunphy reminds me of Guy V. but with less hair in front.

15-9 Coogs, 11:54 left in the half. Gray to the line for an and 1 after the timeout. COOGS will be shooting FTs the rest of the half.

Nice seats

Got the game on the WatchESPN app. Crowd not too great. I presume the football recruits aren’t there or maybe they stop by. If I was a recruit, I’d rather by out on the town rather than watching a game vs. Temple.

26-18 COOGS with 7:45 left.

Love the pace so far.

Crowd better than usual. Late game probably hurts some.

“Where’s the defense guys? Where’s the defense?” Timeout by Sampson.
I think this is at the tied at 16 mark. Nice timeout.

33-27 Coogs with 3:53 left in the half.

Excellent energy tonight. Brooks has been on fire.