Coogs vs Navy

Navy is the game that scared me the most when it came to sketchy tackling on their part. I couldn’t wait for that game to be over and just prayed everyone got out alive!!

10 Likes

Yeah they do alot of chop blocking

Navy and BYU are well known offenders.

1 Like

Pivoting the discussion narrative…

Tulsa did us no favors by losing badly to Navy. They gave Navy new life.

Bad loss for Tulsa. Bad loss for Montgomery. He is 40-50 with that program.

UH is 6-2 vs Navy over the past 8 games, and 4 wins over the past 5 match ups.

The outcome might come down to one overlooked metric…penalties. Navy is more disciplined than we are. We can’t afford to have successful plays negated due to lack of discipline.

It’ll be a tough game and I hope we are up to the challenge. This game might be the last tough matchup over the balance of the regular season.

We’re going to beat the brakes off Navy!!!

1 Like

Oh, OK the 2015 game; man, that is ancient history. I was thinking last Friday night.

Navy game on ESPNU a week from Saturday at 11:00 AM.

1 Like

Let them chop block but Lawd forbid the officials missing a hold on our side.
When you have two guys called for holding on the same play you know things ain’t going well for the offense

Thanks much!

Someone should make Belk watch the 2015 Navy game a few times to see how Orlando shut their run game down.

After their first drive (75 yards all on the ground) they gained about 70 yards rushing the rest of the game.

His “I “ formation with the LBs with a 6 man defensive line shut them down. They scored thru the air, but recall, their QB that year was excellent.

Of course, we had several Levine recruits on D that were outstanding. We have good players on defense this year that can get the job done if put in the correct positions.

2 Likes

Stop the fullback

Orlando’s defense that first year stopped the FB, QB and the pitch man.

Of course the second year, Herman’s wondering eye and weekday games hurt our chances at Navy…. Then Memphis, then SMU and we all remember the rest !

The key to beating Navy is defensive discipline, something UH has struggled with this year. Maintaining lane assignments, fundamental tackling and DBs not fooled by play action pass. Navy breaks big plays when the defense goes outside their containment zone, goes for the fake to the pitchman, resulting in a QB run, or hits a receiver after a play action pass. All of this will be on Navy’s tape to prepare for the game.

The offense can help the defense by getting off to a fast star and getting Navy out of their game plan. Nothing like seeing a triple option team having to pass the ball to come from behind.

UH has a bye week to prepare. We should be ready.

2 Likes

Getting this thread off topic again, this was the play – #39 tried to take Ayers’ leg off. No flag. Go to 2:18:00 on the video (3:16 left in 4th Q).

Didn’t need a replay to see the dirty play. Don’t know how refs missed it. Announcer called it a WWF move and said, “that’s not even very subtle!” The fact it came in crunch time as we’re driving for the winning score, against our best offensive threat… It was plain dirty, and yes I booed like hell.

6 Likes

You’re a real gentleman! :+1:

Rice player pulled the same dirty play on Tank can beat’em or keep up with’em, injure them

1 Like

And to bring this thread back to the topic at hand, Navy did the same to Ed Oliver. Cheap shot.

One of the guys I was in Air Force school was last named Captain. He sister was a Captain in the AF. She was Captain Captain. Also knew a sailor, last name Stains. You already know that joke . . . . .

Happened to Dell at least once already this season . . . . .

Losing irritates the hell out of me period.

1 Like

Tackle the dive guy on every play and crash the QB to make him pitch asap.