Cooperation With Aggies

I don’t care where we play them. We just need to play them to keep us in the national media. This is a critical time for us. We have to keep ESPN talking about us. Heck even if we have to play Bama, LSU, OSU and other big name programs at their place only, I’ll be fine too. Is it fair? Do we want to? Of course not but if that’s what it takes to be notice then it’s game on

a) Who said any of us are happy about it with OU? If you’re happy about it, great, don’t assume any of us are. Maybe you should ask first.
b) Why are you being so damn sardonic about the excitement on the board about how well we’re doing in fan support lately?
c) Why do you want to take a lesser deal than they would give any “P5” level team?

Just because you have an inferiority complex, you don’t have to come on the board and act like a UT fan towards the rest of us.

1 Like

I completely disagree, it creates a perception of inferiority and disengages the fanbase. They’ll keep talking about us as long as we win. It’s not like Boise State was doing what you’re saying for the past decade and they got plenty of talk. Same with TCU and they ended up in a “P5”

1 Like

Boise and TCU didn’t get to play the big boys at their home turf. It was always a “neutral site” that’s favorable to the big boys. ie…Georgia in Atlanta, Missouri at Arrowhead or LSU in NO or Houston

They didn’t exactly play the “big boys” all that much. They mostly did it with a MWC slate. They just won. It’s the winning that gets you noticed, not the one "big boy you play a year that does. That just helps with ranking not as much with press. I’d rather keep our fanbase engaged and happy than try to appease the CFP committee who isn’t going to give us a real shot anyway.

2 Likes

We are not in Boise. Boise is beautiful but it is in BFE

SEC Country Camp report: Day 1:

Before wrapping up the day, Cougars Coach Tom Herman was on hand to give players a parting message.

“Scholarships aren’t earned in basketball shorts and a T-shirt,” Herman said to the group of athletes knelt down around him on the field. “They are earned on Friday nights playing tackle football with your teammates.” While addressing the team, he told attendees that their high school coaches from around the state are “the best in the country, I really believe that.”