COVID & The Amish

1 Like

Sure it’s totally non political and in topic…

Leave it to 51 or Chris to always give us a synopsis of foxnews or whatever media is mind controlling them. Well done 51.

2 Likes

Prayer thread for inflation incoming soon

2 Likes

Current Texas green energy at 6pm is 14MW. That’s like 6 nuclear power plants.

STNP
Power generation

Units operational 2 × 1280 MW
Make and model WH 4-loop (DRYAMB)
Units planned 2 × 1350 MW ABWR
Nameplate capacity 2560 MW
Capacity factor 96.37% (2017)
83.55% (lifetime)
Annual net output 21,612 GWh (2017)

What are you talking about Norb. I was non political. I saw this as morphing into a Kyrie Irving thread and I am with you guys, You don’t think Kyrie Irving should think for himself. You think he should do what you tell him to do. The world is better that way. No arguments. But we don’t talk about it.

I get criticized when I agree with you guys, wow.

But yeah inflation is a problem for all of us and getting much worse. Normal people are paying a lot for groceries.

https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007/s10654-021-00808-7.pdf

The moderators are right and this is quite indicative on what the media has created.

NRGcoog why would you come up with a statement like that?
These types of folks? Your comment is as racist as can be. The Amish community live their lives the way they want to. You have no right to judge them because you think otherwise.
In all of the previous covid threads there is a common denominator. Anything posted that you or others do not accept you judge it as “right wing propaganda” You are yourself making the point that your sources are then “left wing propaganda”
We are currently living in a society a so called free society that does not respect other people’s opinion. While the john Hopkins numbers have been proven wrong time after time they are there to be used to scare people. The other common denominator is that since the pandemic started NOT ONE, NOT ONE HOSPITAL has given a detailed explanation of each human being losing their life primary due to covid.
From day one the media has made it a point to eradicate the virus. We have known from day one that it is impossible to do so. Despite knowing it the media has created fear thus creating the need to CONTROL the population. This has created the exact adverse effect that these vaccines were created for. We all remember the joy that we all felt when these vaccines were coming. Despite all of that the media made it political. You even had the now V.P. and current President come out saying they would not get the vaccine if the previous President said it was safe. This constant paranoia divisiveness is not healthy and only make us more divided.
Yes the Amish are people just like you and I NRGcoog.

Regarding inflation anyone that knows what one Dollar can buy you fully understands that it affects everybody. Denying it is lying to yourself. Unless you have a magical wand or a legal money machine printer you are dishonest with yourself.

Calling Amish people “these types of people” has no place anywhere.

Interesting find CoachV. Not sure I can interpret the data as the Israel numbers really standout.
Outliers require an explanation. Worldometers 7 day average for Israel shows a nice response,
but it is newer data. Still looking at Israel’s curves for delta , it looks really good. So maybe you
got the real conspiracy exposed !

I especially like the summary statement in article you posted ( bolding my addition):

In summary, even as efforts should be made to encour- age populations to get vaccinated it should be done so with humility and respect. Stigmatizing populations can do more harm than good. Importantly, other non-pharmacological prevention efforts (e.g., the importance of basic public health hygiene with regards to maintaining safe distance or handwashing, promoting better frequent and cheaper forms of testing) needs to be renewed in order to strike the bal- ance of learning to live with COVID-19 in the same manner we continue to live a 100 years later with various seasonal alterations of the 1918 Influenza virus.

Note we are dealing with a corona virus with covid.

Think I’ll wait for peer refutations.

Answers ?

Dear Chris, you are one of those type of people. Not worth wasting time responding
too. Happy trick or treating, conspiracy theory hunting, and alternate news “researching”.

Goodbye.

1 Like

I dealt with some Amish folks this spring to work on my roof, and when I asked them about Covid (just making small talk) the head guy topd me that most of their folks gor Covid. Some were pretty sick, most were asymptomatic. All recovered.

By the way, If you get a chance to hire the Amish to do construction or roofs, they’re excellent. And priced right. No messing around, no music and they work.

Was this before or after the Robinson and other plants were shut down, thereby artificially decreasing load that could have been available?

You may call it prudent planning regarding older plants. I call it market manipulation.

Yes, I’ve heard of their reputation as good craftsmen and hard workers.

I wonder how he knew it was Covid they all got ?. Is there an Amish university that developed
a test to sequence it ?

1 Like