Craig Naivar

Lot’s of talk about bringing someone back who has had success in Houston previously.
Lot’s of talk of bringing someone in who has been a DC at one+ programs.
Lot’s of talk about having someone with deep Texas ties for recruiting.
Lot’s of talk about how our special teams needs improvement.

How about Craig Naivar as a candidate? He hits ALL 4 of those points on the head.
Very real possibility and potential.

Chew on that little bit of fat for a while…what say you?

please NO!!!

he was demoted as a DC at rice…he defense at texas state was horrible,…

he had no success at houston, orlando had success at houston and he was just there

1 Like

No thanks. While Naivar is a really good recruiter and can help with special teams, his previous stints as a defensive playcaller, at Rice and Texas State, haven’t been great. I think Naivar is an excellent position coach and ST coordinator, but I don’t know about DC.

He seems like a horrible choice.

He’s been contacted.

2 Likes

Probably high on Apple’s list so NO

5 Likes

I figure he’s one of the one you were alluding to. Do you think he’s a serious candidate? Any idea how many people have been contacted?

1 Like

I don’t consider him that good of a position coach. As far as recruiter, show me all the secondary personnel on the team that were recruited by him.

2 Likes

God help us!

11 Likes

Gibbs or Pelini or even Phil Bennet

5 Likes

I would take all the names you mentioned and even Brian Stewart over naivar

5 Likes

Hard to deny his prowess as a recruiter. The Longhorns signed one of the best defensive back classes in history last year.

I know of two: Naviar and Spavital.

1 Like

I wonder why Bo Pelini isn’t being contacted or considered??? I hope Applewhite isn’t trusting Todd Orlando for advice…

6 Likes

Fool me once … shame on you

Fool me twice …

7 Likes

Craig N being contacted was inevitable, too many ties to our Horn head coach. Hope it distracts TU from their game Saturday.

If Spavital, I believe… If Naivar, Applewhite just put a nail in his own coffin.

As a side note and Nebraska grad, I would love Pelini.

4 Likes

NO!!!

Are you saying “no” to me? Do you bite your thumb at me, sir?

5 Likes

Please NO!!!