Crowd

Best crowd weve had as far as numbers. Thanks to all who went.

but worst crowd as far as intensity. Why? Because they lowered the volume of the speakers and stopped playing hype music. Not even the players telling the crowd to get loud worked.

I can complain if y’all can complain.

10 Likes

Lots of mittens. Muffled sound

5 Likes

We discussed that topic. And we did not have to yell at each other. Much better. Thanks Coog AD

11 Likes

Yeah, no one yelled at all. Meh

1 Like

28k was attendance. Was that really our best? That’s pretty disappointing.

It was pretty freaking cold, so that definitely played a role.

11 Likes

Good lord it wasn’t that cold, usually it’s too hot lol, Houston just doesn’t support UH, maybe when we are winning big, attendance was poor in SWC, I don’t see it changing until we get a good foundation of students that come to games after they graduate and that could take years

10 Likes

Speakers were too quiet. I couldn’t hear what was being said.

4 Likes

I heard every word from the speakers … just the right volume … I could also hear the band and the students …

you want ear piercing loud try standing on an aircraft carrier flight deck when the squadrons are taking off

12 Likes

ahhh yes the wonderful sound of twin GE F414’s on full AB 15ft away

1 Like

My wife and I were there, great crowd last night :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Twin Lycoming T55’s with dual rotors and 5 transmissions, one of which is 2 feet from your head. You can go deaf in a CH-47, literally. All my old pilot buddies wear hearing aids, every last one of them.

I dont need louder.

3 Likes

Agree! My husband is half deaf from being around CH-53s and Apaches for 24 years. He does not like loud noises now.

10 Likes

Weather was perfect, not to cold or hot. Should’ve been a better crowd for our last home game and a ranked team.

13 Likes

Let’s go back to airplane talk. Nice break from the constant ragging on attendance.

4 Likes

half the crowd was gone by 4th quarter

1 Like

And lots of students and fans wore short sleeves apparently not knowing it was going to be chilly.
Many left early when it was still a one score game.

3 Likes

Memphis was ranked? Lol

We go to all the game and yes it was chilly especially if you came without a jacket. But hey, this old man stayed to the very end.
As frustrating as the game was at times I loved the outcome

5 Likes

I sat under the forward transmission of a CH-47 for 1500 flight hours, 1200 of which were in a 12 month period.

Good on your husband to be associated with helo’s, a remarkable machine with 10,000+ parts closely flying in formation.

1 Like

Chilly not cold like in Michigan or somewhere, our fans moan when it’s hot at 11am in September and moan cause it’s 55 in November ridiculous, yes second half was frustrating, but defense held and a good outcome

4 Likes