Crowd

too loud

1 Like

It will also help when we play historical foes Baylor and Tech and the regional flagship schools like Kansas and OSU. Not many parents around here aspire to send their children to ECU or USF. Not many kids here talk up going to UCF or Temple. But you can find Okie State and KState grads in Houston.

4 Likes

We have had 4 straight seasons of disappointing results.

We have lost 4 consecutive Bowl Games.

The local fan base has declined, as would be normal.

Our attendance will improve in 2022 and then really improve in 2023.

5 Likes

Even Ohio State is having trouble getting their crowd to show up 40 minutes before the game.

In all seriousness, Herman leaving, Applewhite leaving the program trending downward, and then the rebuild during Covid has had an impact. I also believe the basketball team has cannabalized some of the football season ticket base that moved over to basketball season tickets. The good news is that move to the BIG12 and current win streak will get people to buy season tickets again. My group is adding 4 more tickets for next year for people that sat out this year due to Covid.

3 Likes

Our AD and a lot of the people he put in charge were not here under Herman’s regime.

We also miss David Bassity. That dude was good at his job.

8 Likes

I wish I could give you reputation points. UH has not properly replaced David Bassity. Dude would’ve mailed Marcus Jones bobble heads to 200 national media members a month ago. That guy was just as much of a brilliant marketer as Herman.

13 Likes

Yeah, the pace of the game was terrible. Things were heating up at the beginning, but after Mutin’s injury, the vibe was weird.

It kind of felt like the longer we played, the more people were just kind of waiting to see what bad thing would happen next.

It was kind of weird.

4 Likes

So how many were there? 28,712

I didn’t count. Not enough fingers.

3 Likes

The DJ have been slacking fr :joy: Idk why they stopped playing hype music. But it was also cold as hell so probably a lot less clapping haha

No Excuses! Our fan base is PATHETIC!

And if other schools make fun of us, we should just suck it up. IT IS DESERVED!

5 Likes

UTSA, a school that didn’t have a football program 10 years ago is outnumbering us in attendance. Yes, I know they are having a historic season, but it’s still pathetic that our thousands of alumni in the Houston area can’t bother to show up for a 10-1 ranked UH.

https://twitter.com/UTSA/status/1462199985311830016?s=20

6 Likes

Relax man, we used to sell out all the time in 2015-2016 seasons. We will sell out in the big 12. And we will have a lot more fans next year now that we are back on the map

1 Like

I agree that our fanbase isn’t great with attendance but they also don’t have an NFL team.

1 Like

Womp Womp was played at least twice last night.

2 Likes

They’re also indoor. It’s more comfortable

We have to do something about parking, parking is all over the place as is tailgating.

I went with my senior father and we could NOT find anywhere to sit or eat pregame. He isn’t an alumni so we just had to sit outside on a bench and wait to go inside. Not very welcoming, I felt terrible to have my dad walk around with some hip pain and he couldn’t get his soda until the gate opened.

Btw we have won every game my pop has gone too. Lucky charm

8 Likes

You should feel terrible. You should have had a cooler stocked with cold beverages and oat sodas. You could have taken him to Pinks or the Den for food and drinks.

1 Like

Who are they making fun of? The people that are there?

That’s the thing. They have all that stuff on the wrong side of campus.