Cutting down nets?

I’m lucky , I’ve seen uh cut down net back in the day ( SWC tourneys ) and its awesome … me and some buddies were debating if cutting the nets down Thursday was a little premature giving the game with cincy on Saturday for the outright title … what do my fellow Coogs think ?

1 Like

Nah, being able to do it at home was worth it. Helps build the fanbase when they can see it in person like that.

Coogs probably flushed it today and started prepping for Cincy. They’ll be ready on Sunday.

9 Likes

You can cut down the net when you are champ regardless of shared or outright.

6 Likes

The seniors deserved to do that at home.

12 Likes

The trophy and the banner will say conference champions regardless if it is shared or not.

However, on the record, it would say co-champion if we were to lose at cinci.

Let’s beat them tomorrow.

The tradition of cutting down the nets after winning a tournament originated with Indiana HS Basketball and was brought to the college game by Everett Case. I’ve never heard of cutting down the nets after clinching a regular season title.

2 Likes

Well, now you have!

1 Like

Rushed a field… rushed a court… first time to watch the nets cut down.

4 Likes

I hope Coach put the ladder on the plane to Cincy. Let’s cut 'em down there too!!!

4 Likes

Lets cut them down before the game.

3 Likes

I think Cronin may want to play with chain nets tomorrow

2 Likes

Cut em down!

Street Bsll chain nets have a better swish to them, just saying!

Either have I…but then it’s been a while and I can’t remember what happened last time. Seriously.

Glad we clinched at home…woulda been awkward wanting to cut down another teams home nets!

1 Like

Saw that Virginia cut down their nets today. Went back and looked and LSU cut down their nets the other night. Also looks like Tennessee did it last year.

Quick look so not sure how long it’s been going on, but UH isn’t starting a trend.

3 Likes