D’Eriq King

I know a lot of you guys are anti-King after the red shirt / transfer debacle, but I was and still am King fan. He looks great out there!

Hoping King continues the momentum and gets Miami to the playoffs. I think he can follow Kyler Murray’s footsteps into the NFL as a QB. Go Canes!

8 Likes

How many threads have you started on King over the last several months trying to stir the pot?

17 Likes

If he keeps playing at this rate, they may be able to take down Clemson. King could very well win this year’s Heisman trophy

If Tune doesn’t perform well this year, it will bring Dana under heavy scrutiny and rightfully so.

3 Likes

Hell yeah. “D’Eriq King, The U”. How does that help the Coogs? Who knows.

5 Likes

boring

4 Likes

Agreed. Boring. What a blow out. Good for king.

3 Likes

UM does look like the real deal so far. They sure give them love from the ESPN announcers.

1 Like

IDK. He looked about like he did for us last year. I think his receivers are better overall. Way fewer drops. DK still over-throwing open receivers and at least two passes should have been picked by FSU. So, meh, I am happy with what we have.

Now, if we can just play some games to see what we it is we actually do have. Go Coogs!

10 Likes

Publicity!! Every time he plays the broadcasters remind the public that he is a transfer from UH and it brings UH into the national spotlight, especially at a time when we need all the publicity we can get given we haven’t played a game yet. At present, he might be the highest profiled transfer since Russell Wilson, who transferred from NC State to Wisconsin and went on to become one of the best undersized QB in the NFL. Kyler Murray, another undersized QB, who is making his name in the NFL.

Do not kid yourself, D’Eriq King transferred to Miami to increase his NFL visibility and given the few games thus far, it’s working in his favor.

1 Like

He is doubtful for the NFL.

4 Likes

Agree. Greg Ward was far more a accomplished as a QB. King has no chance as a NFL QB. This is his last hurrah.

5 Likes

He can play next year.

2 Likes

I know, but I think a lot of the guys in this strange redshirt situation will actually get on with their lives.

1 Like

He made the right decision for himself. Hopefully Tune works out for us. He is very fortunate Dana asked him to redshirt because his career would likely be over.

6 Likes

for ratings…the ACC is Clemson and everyone else…in two weeks they face Clemson…it’s going to be a good game.

2 Likes

Depends on how much money and benefits they are offered to stay the additional year . . . . .

2 Likes

This %100

Playoffs? Okay man, relax… it isn’t going to happen.

1 Like

PLEASE…FSU is a patsy now who cant even put together a winning record…King has yet to play a remotely decent and well coached defense…The mighty Canes had a cancel on the Florida game, dont even play Clemson…we’ll see soon enough when they play North Carolina and Virginia Tech…

3 Likes

This is a myth. It has become very clear that King was the impetus for the redshirt debacle. Holgorsen was actually doing right by King by making it sound like his idea, and probably also keeping it private that he was about to be benched.

2 Likes