D’Eriq King

I’ve enjoyed watching King and Miami. Rooting for him, dont understand all the hate.

10 Likes

Canes next game is at Clemson. It will be Miami’s superbowl so anything could happen.

1 Like

He asked Dana to redshirt.

King is very talented. So was Dan Marino, but you wouldn’t have wanted Marino at QB at UH in the 70s. You wouldn’t have wanted Chuck Clements or Jason McKinley either. Unfortunately, King’s considerable skills didn’t mesh well with a Holgorsen, Leach, etc. offense. Dana tweaked the offense, and we saw King make some special plays against Washington State. But almost all of them were with his feet. He didn’t throw well, and we lost. So IMO he actually made the best decision for himself and moved on, not that he should have been less than honest about it with the team. I am confident Tune will excel the next couple of years. So it’s all water under the bridge now.

11 Likes

Their next game is literally against Clemson. Lol

1 Like

Looked good but passes still sail. That whole situation was a mess.

There are conflicting reports on this. The most recent from ESPN said Dana brought it up to King.

1 Like

It is the coach and the system that can make a great player look great or look bad. Also, there are a few exceptions to the rule. Andre Ware won the Heisman under Pardee. If he could have been drafted by the Oilers instead of Detroit, he probably would have won the Superbowl with that stacked Oilers D and Oline. Detroit did not have the Online but had receivers and of course the great Barry Sanders. Case Keenum. I think he was the exception to the rule because Art Briles didn’t make him, he was great regardless of the coaching. Shoot, the made Sumlin look like he knew what he was doing. Bill Obrien did not want Case because he thought of himself as some QB Guru, which he isn’t…but had he given Case a real opportunity, he would have probably been in a better place with the Texans. Same QB goes to the Minnesota Vikings and become a “Legend” there and nearly takes the Vikings to the Superbowl. King is good under the right system and his skill set. He isn’t Case Keenum, but he fits there like he fit Briles system here.

1 Like

This past Tuesday & Wed Hou area had several places where the water was Over the Bridge!:grin:

It is all water near a bridge…

…Kramer

3 Likes

If King wins the Heisman can the University of Houston say it has produced two Heisman Trophy winners?

2 Likes

I, for one, really enjoy watching D’Eriq play and for that matter Jarrid Williams too. I wish them nothing but the best and would support any of our former students if they want to increase their chances of playing in the NFL. Thanks to those of you out there who have similar sentiments. They are young men who are trying to find their way in this world and I personally believe they have every right to change schools if it will better their futures.

For sure, I hated to see them go but I wish them well.

10 Likes

DK is throwing the ball better and he is more comfortable looking in their offense and he has greatly improved a UM offense that has struggled for awhile. I wish we still had him, but we don’t and he made the best decision he believed was in his best interest. Right now I am pretty sure (on the surface) that he probably feels the same way.

Its a shame that his dad died and his mom has health problems. Thats a lot for a young man to deal with while being so far away.

6 Likes

It’s actually good for us and him if he does well because if he was doing bad then it still reflects on us as a recruit.

1 Like

One could pretty easily argue that in the other direction.

Not sure it’s good or bad. Just don’t think he was a good fit for what Dana wants to do.

1 Like

As a QB? Nah.

Clemson was NOT on schedule before this pandemic stuff started…That means Clemson was only recently added…GOOD!! Very interesting to see that one…

1 Like

King is getting lots of press love. Happy for him, but I’m not sure that’ll translate to an NFL career. He is a bit undersized from what the pros would look for.

Good luck to him. It’s fun to see him play.

1 Like

Philly fans seem to be very in love with him.

I hope he does well and succeeds but it will be too bittersweet for me to get any real joy from it.

1 Like

Too many!

1 Like