Dana Might Go 6-2 Down the Stretch…

How so? The talent he’s recruited (knowing we are moving on to a P5) can barely compete in the AAC…against the likes of Tulane, Temple, and SMU.

I even think we will lose to ECU and the fact is we’ve fallen behind UC and UCF. They are killing us in recruiting!

3 Likes

Record is important but you have to consider who they have beaten. Has he won against top 25 teams?

5 Likes

Anyone have a tally of CDH record vs teams that finished with a winning record vs losing record?

2 Likes

I find that incredible. How do you measure success if you don’t have goals? This is just making excuses in another form. And how do you not have going to a NY6 bowl as your goal every year - especially in your fourth year??

This is another way of saying, “we’re not responsible…its all circumstantial”

Its like every year some Fairy Godmother drops a bunch of players on his lap and he just can’t be expected to accomplish great things under those circumstances.

Lastly, I’ve always rationalized his snarky replies in pressers. Some of these are young adults learning to be journalists. That question was about as milquetoast as a question could be while showing deference to the HC. His reply was typical sarcastic, replete with the irritating grin at the end. He should be appreciative that these kids spend their time promoting the program for next to nothing. Typical of a guy that can deliver mediocrity with no fear of reprisal.

6 Likes

4 Likes

We’re third in the AAC, just behind Cincinnati and UCF, in average ranking per recruit. Keep in mind that practically every top-rated player we got in the last class committed in December. I would be a little more patient.

4 Likes

BS little bro!

Exactly…all Pre-Season, players like Tank Dell, Parish, D’Anthony Jones, etc. were talking about wanting to get to the Conference Championship & make an NY6 Bowl, now all of the sudden CDH is saying these weren’t their goals?

Tbf tho - CDH did say that he thought Cincy would win the championship when asked about pre-season projections placing UH as the winner.

I try to remain optimistic and always promote & support ALL UH programs, but idk what the deal is with CDH that he makes himself so damn dislikeable…at least give us some “Coach Speech” like Bill O’Brien did with the Texans and say that yeah, we didn’t reach our goals, I gotta do better & coach better, etc. and on to the next one.

3 Likes

He is the highest paid coach in the AAC. If his goal isn’t a championship and get to a NY6 every year, then what the hell is he getting paid for?!?

15 Likes

I agree. I think he could say, “we didn’t reach our goals at this juncture. It bothers me and all the coaches.”

Instead he basically blamed it on the quality of the players. Well, who the Hell is that on?!?!?

And picking Cincy to win is a little different. Its a typical way of moving the target to their backs. But internally, top to bottom, the goal should have been the Cotton or Peach Bowl and a CCh.

4 Likes

ECU opens as a 6.5 point fave.

Yes, we could win. Our Offense certainly will score some points.

I still say 6-2 to close out the season.

Our Administration might just communicate that we expect to win our Bowl game to get momentum for 2023. Dana will hear that message and coach accordingly.

1 Like

I admire your optimism. We’ve been playing the dregs. We’re about to play a real team. An unbiased sports observer looks at this and says there’s about to be a beatdown

2 Likes

Last year. #19 sMU.

3 Likes

“6-2 since the Tulane game” is a polite way of saying “winless against the top half of the conference.” It’s lipstick on a pig.

8 Likes

The top half is basically UCF, Cincinnati, and Tulane. No one below them much matters.

Lost in OT to Tulane, do not play the other 2.

We are not much this season. But the closing record will keep Dana on payroll.

It ain’t good lol

SMU and ECU are also in the top half of the conference. Assuming we lose to ECU and beat Tulsa, we’ll be 5-3 in conference with our 5 wins coming against the 5 worst teams in the conference. We already lost to one team that doesn’t much matter, and we’ll probably pick up another L this weekend.

That places us smack dab in the middle of a conference that’s somewhere between mediocre and bad. We’re poised to get absolutely pasted in the XII next year, and judging by how the admin treated Applewhite, they know that.

4 Likes

In my opinion, it’s not a question of if but when Dana gets canned. I’ve seen enough to know he isn’t the right guy for this program.

9 Likes

Heading into this season vs teams that finished with a winning record, Dana was 3-14 with 2 wins over .500 teams.

9 Likes

When I read this thread title, my first thought was that I don’t really think Dana is quite that tall…

5 Likes