Dana now 48 on Coaches Hot Seat

I would have to turn it on, which I will not. I prefer him not in the hot seat. That is better for all concerned

2 Likes

Perfect storm for that natty. Have yet to see his formula for winning. Same with Montgomery. How long are programs going to wait until said coaches accidentally stumble upon success again?

Yep !
Go Coogs !

Are you saying the natty is the determining factor of whether a coach is successful or not? We have a statue next to TDECU of a coach that never got that distinction.

No sir. I can say each person’s definition of success may be different, and a natty is probably universally known as successful. I will say that the W/L record prior to the natty and before the natty have eerie resemblance. Obviously Montgomery’s peak is microscopic compared to Orgeron’s at LSU, but Montgomery’s best team in his tenure is also sandwiched between a poor win/loss ratio. That’s how they’re similar.

Main point is there is a slippery slope with “hot seats”.

LSU fans are like a fat man standing in front of the microwave screaming “hurry up”

9 Likes

Perfect analogy!

They were saying that Coach O wasn’t the right coach before he took over and won
 now they’re carrying that narrative on saying those weren’t his recruits, etc

2 Likes

When the fan base, and especially the big donors, tire of a coach they will find reasons to get rid of him, even if they have to make them up.

Dana will be approaching 100 by the time the season is over.

I can’t believe Luke Fickell isn’t ahead of Lincoln at 130.

CDH will be back in the top 10 if he can’t beat ECU.

Nope. All those in the top ten have a losing record this year. 5-2 ain’t putting Dana in that league

Ed O out after the season. Ridiculous. I can’t wait to see who they replace him with.

1 Like

LSU is very dumb. Guy won a national title 2 years ago. Beat #20 Florida yesterday.

Dana need to be signed to a 10 or 30 yr deal so LSU doesn’t scoop him up! The dude from Cincy will probably be on the top of the list. Doubt that guy wants to go to UCLA. More interested to see where Kendal Briles ends up.

Coach O fits the LSU culture, recruits with the best of them, and has won a Natty. It would be a lot cheaper to hire the guy some different coordinators. He needs to do like Saban and have analyst waiting on the side to jump in as the next OC. Don’t wait for the guy to leave because they will be leaving.

Is he expected to go somewhere?

“I quit because of health reasons. The alumni got sick of me”

Spike Dykes

1 Like

LSU is about to turn into Tennessee and languish in the wilderness for 20 years.