Dana says its impossible to pay his buyout

If CDH wasted his time and saw some of the posts on here he would say

I think 6-6 would be heck of a job as well. By end of TCU game, it’ll be pretty clear

1 Like

Kartoum was an expensive horse too.

1 Like

Like Cary said, the low expectations are baked in. I haven’t heard Cincy or UCF saying they expect to lose. But our coaches do.

3 Likes

Outstanding GF reference !!!

1 Like

Dana = $4.3M
Kelvin = $3.2M

Let that sink in

5 Likes

Needs to be reversed!

2 Likes

By the end of the UTSA game it will be clear! If we struggle again with UTSA gonna be a long year

1 Like

Thst doesn’t make sense

Blockquote

Yes, Renu will sit there with her mouth closed because it’s Fertitta that’s holding the checkbook.

1 Like

If he goes 4-8, he WILL get fired
 TF and RK are not going to accept that

1 Like

Highway robbery
CDH has the best agent in sports.

Don’t forget CDH also got the largest $$ pool for assistants in UH history

2 Likes

I forgot that

I agree Dana biting the hand that feeds him, I believe it is an attempt to get fired. So he can retire to Cabo St Lucas, or wherever he wants.He is literally thumbing his nose at the school and daring it to fire him. Either way, he wins

4 Likes

If he wants to get fired just win a couple next year that should due it

If you need a conference to do your recruiting then you probably just aren’t a good recruiter. And if you flaunt your contract in front of the people that over-paid you then you probably don’t deserve the money.

3 Likes

Disagree on the first sentence, agree on the second.

There are many players that will not bother with a non-P5 school. Conference affiliation is important to opening up more top recruits.

To the earlier comment - assistants salary pool will need to be good to compete at a higher level also, that is a factor at many top level schools and in recruiting HC coaches for those positions to have money to spend on staff. This may not help CDH now, but with a larger pool it may help when looking to hire the next head coach.

If you don’t like him show up boo and call him out from the stands, but please don’t just not show up, that is weak, especially now since we are in the b12.

1 Like

I agree with this. As a G5 and surrounded by a bevy of P5 schools within a few hours of Houston, the pressure to recruit well among those P5 schools getting games on ESPN, CBS, and Fox is hard to compete with.

We always finish towards the top among G5 schools, but some here think we should have finished #1 every year. That is a bit unrealistic IMO. I do think Herman would have sustained #1 recruiting classes among G5s due to his great ability to promote UH as a brand and his adoption of 3rd Coast culture.

He’ll just shoot the bird in response. He doesn’t care

3 Likes