Dang it. What's up with Notre Dame?

Get a Map …both Austin,Texas and Norman, Oklahoma are WEST of College Station!

Lol dude i’m not saying that OU and Texas aren’t physically located west of A&M, but to justify their positions as a reason that the SEC would take a school like Arizona is nonsense, which is way further…

lol

With the playoff expanding, why wouldn’t ND stay independent? Them not being tied to a conference and having that sweet NBC deal is always going to inflate their ranking. They have the best shot to get one of the at-large bids 80% of the time. This was a win-win for them IMO.

1 Like

I’ll tell ya what.

Look at ND’s schedule for next year:

It includes two MAC schools, two service academies, and Purdue, Stanford, Virginia, and Georgia Tech teams that have been TERRIBLE in recent years.

That’s seven or eight almost guaranteed wins.

The other games are tougher, of course, but I cannot imagine that they win fewer than 8 games with this schedule (hopefully they’ll BOOTY STOMP aTm in Week One), and they could easily win 10 or more.

Seems to me that with 10 wins or more…the playoff committee wouldn’t dare keep them out of the playoffs, given how many eyeballs their brand would bring.

Perhaps staying Indy does indeed have THAT advantage!

Our schedule for example is much tougher than ND’s schedule this yr.

How pompous and gratuitous for you to write that? There are no other words to describe your post.
Notre Dame is an independent. Deal with it. The world does not revolve around the big10 or the sec like espn wants it to.
espn is in a win win situation even Notre Dame as an independent they can “incorporate” them into a p2 system.
What espn does not like is that Notre Dame is not under their “foot”. espn does not like that nbc is involved.

1 Like

A&M in 2012, UT in 2024, The SEC is advancing west 100 miles per 12 years. At that pace they will be in Tempe by 2100.

2 Likes

SEC China South Division

No, ND doesn’t care about money they play for TD Jesus🤣

2 Likes

Then they’ll be out tens of millions of dollars.

Their choice I guess!

Will they though if they get an at-large bid 4 out of every 5 seasons?

Notre Dame has SMU-type money

I think Notre Dame can buy SMU x 10 lol

Why are you insulting Notre Dame for not joining the big 10? Why?
They have the money that they want. This has been clear since they got their first media contract decades ago. You don’t like it? Deal with it.

Notre Dame cares about independence in football more than anything. It’s what their identity is based on. It’s why they were one of the biggest reasons, if not THE reason that Cal and Stanford got invited to the ACC.

Problem is, nobody knew the details of the ACC GOR until FSU engaged in a suit against the ACC.

Fast forward to now, and we are at a turning point. The invitations to Cal and Stanford (and SMU kinda) are looking less and less likely to be the saviors of the ACC, all because of that extension provision within the ACC GOR.

This lawsuit between FSU/Clemson will inevitably end in a negotiation/settlement for them to leave. If they leave (along with UNC), then it’s pretty much a guarantee that ESPN will not renew that media deal….

If there’s no media deal, then that GOR is toast. There’s not a single network that will pay the remaining members 30-40 million a piece. Because of this, 4-6 teams will leave for the Big 12 without paying any exit fees and to continue making Power 3 money.

Once this happens, then Notre Dame will have to decide if they will partner with the Big 12, or become full time B1G. The B1G will not bend the knee to ND like the ACC did.

ND is MANY TIMES richer than SMU.

SMU’s endowment is less than $2 billion.

ND’s is over TWENTY billion, by contrast.

No comparison.

Not even close.

ND also buries SMU in terms of selectivity, prestige, research, etc.

And as an athletic brand….whoa Nellie!

That’s like comparing kumquats to MELONS.

Then why are you saying Notre Dame will be out tens of millions

They aren’t overly dependent on athletic revenue because of their donors alone

Because while ND is MANY TIMES richer than SMU, they could nevertheless makes TENS OF MILLIONS MORE in media revenue than they currently are by joining the B1G.

Their choice I guess.

You gotta have another reason for being so anti Notre Dame. Deal with it and move one. They do not need the big 10 and made it clear for decades and again just a few days ago. The big 10 gains more at having Notre Dame than Notre Dame joining the big 10. That is obvious and has been…again for decades.

Who says I’m anti-ND?

I have FIVE cousins who are alums of that school; one for undergrad and law school.

I just don’t see why they won’t come to their senses and join a conference where they will play most of their traditional rivals for tens of millions more per year.

Doesn’t make sense.