DCTF Magazine Staff Says UH at UNT #2 Best Game In TX This Fall. šŸ˜³

Lew Alcindor

What town in Brazoria County?
Born in Angleton & reared in Danburyā€”Home of the Panthers. I was a Tri-Captain my Senior year & the late Harold Humber was our HFC.

The USA article is mistaken, Army is not group of 5. They are independent. Not eligible for auto NY6.

6 Likes

I have been a Coog fan since the first time I watched the Coach Yeoman show his first year in 1962, Grew up in Houston, went to UH during the great years of '67 to '70.
We lived in Angleton for many years before moving to West Columbia.
I remember the UNT when Joe Green was terrorizing foesā€¦
It should be a great game when the two teams play there. I know UNT will be very excited and they catch the Coogs at a good timeā€¦if there is such a thingā€¦

2 Likes

CK2 aka CougarKing. I keep wishing your board would ban him like almost every other board has.

Iā€™m on GMG because I Iived in Denton for 5 years and have lived about 10 miles east for 15. So I like to follow the local school. The Coogs will always be by team but I can enjoy the Mean Green too.

I like when UH is mentioned on your board. Its usually in a factual, respectful way. But every time, CK2 has to jump in. Makes me cringe. Like some of the posters say, its like Beetlejuiceā€¦ say UH too often and he shows up. Then it deteriorates to insults

4 Likes

The G5 poll is a joke.
To be frank (& donā€™t call me Frank), but UH should be up much higher in that group.You know it & I know it. We beat Army 2 seasons ago at Apogee, but theyā€™ve got the eastern sports media in their back pocket & maybe deservedly so, but not at the expense of schools in the Southwest.
Awe shucks, below are some highlights of Army at North Texas 2 Falls ago.
Note: Weā€™ve seen the UH highlights &ā€¦yā€™all scare us half to death.:diamonds:UH will be favored in our game, but I really think it will be a shootout as our game with Army was & won with 5 seconds left in the game by a MG field goal
:diamonds:BEAT OU, COOGS! (Seriously, beat them).

ARMY AT APOGEE STADIUM:

1 Like

I didnā€™t realize we had so many Brazorians on here. While I graduated from Galena Park HS '57, I attended Angleton HS as freshman. Great small town that has really grown. In those days there was nothing in Danbury but the steakhouse in the old house close to the park. Great steaks and people came from all around to enjoy the T-bones.
Two weeks and one day until game time. Itā€™s been a long summer for me.

2 Likes

Jim, I believe you are referring to Fillips Cafe in Danburyā€¦itā€™s still there but has moved across townā€¦

Our game against Army last year was a fluke. Most of our original starters on defense were hurt and we started a true freshman at QB. A couple recievers weā€™re out too. And once again coaching on both sides of the ball didnā€™t help. Iā€™m looking forward to a fresh start this year and hopefully good Cougar football.

7 Likes

Born and raised in angleton everyone in my family has graduated from AHS and still live here

1 Like

This was the Filipps Cafe that I knew growing up in Little D. I knew the family well & graduated with one of owner Eddie Filipps granddaughters.
When Iā€™d come home from UNT the jumbo fried shrimp plate was always a favorite. Many from Houston would drive to Danbury to eat the steaks & the seafood. ā€¢See the shadow of the only red light we had in town?:blush:.

2 Likes