Deja vu all over again

I think Fox is the partner with the big 12. That’s gotta change. I’m thinking the American schools will be the ones to help mend that fence. But bowlsby still has to go. ESPN will demand it!! :sunglasses:

“Bow to your sensei!” lol

https://twitter.com/MHver3/status/920353518581665792?s=20

Mhver3 speaks prescience!

Respectfully disagree. The B12 has demonstrated they will fight to survive. The Big East had all players aligning against them. The Alliance has said publicly they want the B12 to stay p5.

My Guess

East: WVU, ISU, Cincy TCU, UCF, UH
West: OSU, TT, KSU, BU, BYU, KU

From 4 years ago…

and only 180 degrees from the truth!

1 Like

Big 12 never had an East -West. They had North South…Easy to do again.
South-OSU, Tech, TCU, Baylor, Houston, UCF.
North- BYU, WVU, Cincy, Kansas, K State, Iowa St…
Good, well balanced, maintains rivalries in divisions…

1 Like

That was my proposal as well but WVU and BYU posters thought each division would have to split the Texas teams for access. I don’t see that as a requirement but they thought it was.

My question is: for scheduling, do you try to schedule former AAC vs. former AAC where you can in the first couple of seasons to allow for the “old” rivalries more or do you go straight Big XII New vs. Big XII Classic right away?

And, for those worried like I am that the P5 status may not hold, just be thankful that UH might be doing enough to avoid falling off the football relevance cliff and staying in the mix for now. Just look at the current C-USA and what AAC might be should all of this happen and be thankful your program is on higher ground. It’s not the highest ground but definitely further away from the abyss than it would be if it stayed put.

No, the PAC12 actually has 12 teams and doesn’t need to expand. At least not right now.

The not so in regard to waiting. The Big 12, which has only 10 teams, is about to lose 2 of those, and has lost 4 other members in its relatively short history, can’t afford to wait. They do need to expand. And, they need to hurry up and do so before someone relabels their conference as the Big Far Less Than 12.

The irate 8 are totally going to keep UT and OU to themselves. We won’t play them.

I wonder if they will schedule UT and OU to play each other…

I share your skepticism but have a hunch Fox is behind and supporting this.

Sorry, my question was for scheduling after UT/OU have exited since I assume their settlement will happen (and split among the 8) just before UH and the others are added. I meant do you try to make sure UH/UCF plays Cincy in cross-divisional games the first two seasons and OSU doesn’t face Cincy or do you go the other route and ignore the past on how you schedule?

If I’m trying to stay relevant I’ll do it alongside OSU, ISU, Tech, and WVU.

Doing it alongside the AAC was soul-depleting.

1 Like