Delete Thread

Nobody watches anything besides Football and (distant second) Men’s Basketball.

No the problem is we don’t have many diehard Cougars. End of story

I have no idea how old you are but I graduated in 1976. If you have been around that long you would have seen things based on your definition of loyalty that would have had you rooting for Rice. I have never wavered so I suppose the only thing that would be a limit is death.

There will be people that come and go temporarily representing the university that you will not like. In your case it is Holgorsen that is your limit. We have had worse coaches since 1976 but my dislike of one person or another does not prevent me from still being a loyal Cougar.

Again, your silly example is meaningless. and adds nothing to support your viewpoint. The fact is you are one of those fickle fans that says win or I dont watch or support the team. Who needs fans like you?

2 Likes

UH needs every fan. Otherwise the deficit spending will come to a head and a decision will need to be made on even having it.

I suspect your contribution and how ever many think like you isnt so great as to cause UH to collapse or for the athletic department to fail. You give yourself and possibly a few hundred others like you way too much credit. Your influence isnt near as significant as you think.

On the other hand, we will not miss you and others like you that chose to boo the coach and have a general negativity towards the program just because the university doesnt listen to you and fire the coach.You are clearly a millennial or certainly act like one. “Give me what I want or im going home!!”

Well, go home and dont show up at games. You wont affect my experience nor will you be missed.

Every coach at UH is going to have a couple dozen butt hurts complaining about him every season. Won’t always be the same ones but some will never disappoint.

1 Like

The sense of entitlement is ridiculous. The attitude that if everything isnt like I want im not going to participate reeks of the participation trophies many now believe is the standard of success.

If it was just the coach, it would be one thing. But it’s become the athletics administration as well.

Our groups have gotten significantly smaller and even our tailgates have lost so much participation that they’ve merged into just one tailgate. Part of it is disillusionment and part is the coach and part is whatever reason people in our groups have dropped off.

I’m to the point that I’m meh about attending and have skipped as many games as I’ve attended in the past three years.

My loyalty was always about friends and family at the games. If they aren’t there, I have no enjoyment from the game itself.

you have a very naïve view. getting what you want is simple consumerism and if the university doesn’t give me a product worth buying, then I won’t buy it.

It’s not unique to our university, it’s everywhere.

Except that, in the case of our university, even though one person may not count, enough people have quit going to football games that the University has definitely noticed, and is hurting. Having the largest subsidy proves that. I’m just a symptom, and the cause continues doing the same thing.

1 Like

I would chalk it up as bravado but I’d put it in the memory bank in the event something else flies across the transom. If he was just poking the media that is fine. But if he thinks he has a license to be a clown-a#% in pressers then that’s another thing.

There’s a fine line between maverick and jackasss. A maverick makes noise. A jackasss makes problems.

Agreed… I’m an engineering manager and my engineers work hard and do good work because they know that’s what I expect, they know I put in more hours than them and wouldn’t ask them to do something I wouldn’t do… And they know I respect their lives outside of work as well as our professional lives…

Leadership by example.

1 Like

I am told they were seriously threatened by the excellence of our basketball program.

2 Likes