Derick Parish DL/FB

Derick is now listed as DL/FB, did he run the ball in the spring or is he brought in for blocking?

Derek Parish

DL/FB 6’2" 245 LBS

DEREK PARISH

JUNIOR PEARLAND, TEXAS PEARLAND HS

FULL BIO

Did that happen in the bowl game? Only watched once so it’s fuzzy memory. Short yardage, let Derick go thumb somebody, like it.

He’d be a LOAD as a short yardage back.

1 Like

We should go for it on every 4th and 1 situation. Put your head down big fella!

2 Likes

He had some plays in the bowl game. Told coach “ I can run too, give me a chance to show you” I’m guessing short yard plays? That 85 TD run almost cost him his lunch🤢

18 Likes

I think for blocking as well

2 Likes

Back to his pee wee football days.

1 Like

Funny thing is he is a National Medal winner at the Jr Olympics in the 4x100 relay with USATF. Last time he ran track was his jr year in HS and was in the regional 4x200 relay. He realized after that race he was too big to run sprint events. What got him noticed by recruiters was his 4.5 40yd dash time.

11 Likes

Not a lot of DL’s run a 4.5 40. Scouts will probably notice that as well. Let’s put it this way, most QB’s run in the 4.7-4.9 range and slow down as they get older.

1 Like

If he trained like he did for track, I think he can do it again. He had amazing coaches, most ran in college and really had him in great peak performance to run like that.

3 Likes

Running a 4.5 as a Dlineman will give him a chance to play on Sundays

5 Likes

That is his dream :pray:

2 Likes

Reminder that Earl Campbell also played LB & RB back in HS at Tyler.

1 Like

You know who was awesome? Tyler McCloskey.

8 Likes

Definitely has a shot,

Thank you! All he wants is a chance!

1 Like

Giena, I could easily see a three TE’s package…I’ll be quiet.

Can he catch? Because I would like to see Twin Moms baby truck a db.

4 Likes

Yeah, I could use another one like Farrow did on the Pitt DB. That was beautiful!

7 Likes

I can still hear that hit Red!

2 Likes