D'Eriq King

It’s upsetting that his stats aren’t a true representation of his skill due to our recievers dropping so many passes

3 Likes

We don’t know how many drops the other QBs’ receivers have. Shouldn’t assume our receivers have the most drops based on watching all of our games and very little of the other games.

1 Like

Always the contrarian. It would be hard to imagine us being ranked lower than #5 in dropsies, at least among quality teams. We’re #1! We’re #1!

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Someone should tell him we haven’t played 6 games, which makes King’s numbers even more impressive.

1 Like

Shaggy
Don’t u know UH players are only ones that drop passes, miss tackles and blocks?

1 Like

Apparently the only receivers that drop more balls than Cougar receivers are Denver receivers.

6 Likes

D’Eriq King now at the halfway point has 20 passing TDs and 8 rushing TDs.

Record is 55 TDs in a season by David Klingler. I think he has a shot.

3 Likes

He’s completely exceeded my expectations going into this season. So much easier to be good when you don’t have to worry about the QB position. That goes for next year too.

1 Like

King is a special player. I like the fact that he is just quietly winning. He goes out and gets the job done. No showboating, no hot dogging, just a winner. I dig his style but don’t see him getting the record for td’s.

7 Likes

Yep yep

Feels great having someone you can 100% trust at QB. Great kid that will go places wherever he takes his career.

2 Likes

I think it depends on how many games we end up playing this year. Through 6 games, he’s accounting for 4.66 TDs per game. If we end up playing only 13 games this year (no CCG, but a bowl game), he will only have to average 4 TDs per game from here out to reach 56. If we play 14 (which is looking increasingly likely with Navy and Memphis struggling), he only has to average 3.5. Based on those numbers, I think it is more likely than not that he breaks the record, which kind of sucks for Klingler because he only played 11 games in 1990 when he set that record. I would love to see King break Colt Brennan’s all time record of 63. To do that, he will need to average 4.5 TDs per game from here out (assuming 14 games). It’s a tall order, but certainly not out of the question based on what he’s done so far.

As a related aside, I would love to see King put up 8 total TDs on SMU…just because.

4 Likes

SMU would be a case where “8 isn’t enough…”

2 Likes

We held him out of about one games worth of snaps so far.

Update on King chasing TD records this year. Through 7 games, he has 32 total TDs, which is an average of 4.57 per game. At that pace, if we play 13 games he’ll finish with 59. If we play 14, he’ll finish with 64. Either way, barring injury or something else crazy, it looks like Klingler’s record of 55 is going down this year. With SMU’s and Memphis’ porous defenses still on the schedule, this has the makings of a very special year for King.

7 Likes

Don’t jinx it.

5 Likes

Congrats DK on pow honors this week.

1 Like

He has been outstanding. I am very impressed by his vision & the way he processes defenses. He is also accurate in deep passes. He keeps improving. I can’t wait for his next game.

3 Likes

Amazingly, his only weakness this year appears to be short routes. He has a problem with throwing behind his receivers, which is probably just a timing issue. If he can get that sorted out, he will be unstoppable.

1 Like

Yea, you are not kidding he zips a beautiful ball with deadly accuracy!