D'Eriq King

Good post.

King will be added to the long list of great QBs when he’s done here.

2 Likes

Quote of the year – at least so far!!!

Yeah, but I thought most guys want to get their wood wet.

2 Likes

I am certainly not trying to diminish Klingler’s record and have stated elsewhere that this sucks for him because it’s not apples to apples. But like you I want to see records go down because it means we have fun football to watch and I have been a huge fan of King since he flipped from TCU. Just wanted to clarify that.

1 Like

I doubt any on here wish diminish the records of any of our past athletes. Some younger guys may be unaware of the difference in games per season of eras. I just think it has to be pointed ot that taking 12 or mores games to break a record set in 11 games is not the same.

1 Like

Ward and King have changed the recruiting of that position. We tell kids that they will play and be productive from the time you step on campus. You will play QB later.

What a day!

7 Likes

King is the real deal!! Long live the King!

5 Likes

It’s a short list of QB’s to throw for 400 and rush for 100. Kolb is on that list.

8 Likes

Loss against TCU?

I said this in the game thread, but he’s a real-life cheat code.

His throws were beautiful hitting receivers 40 yards down field in stride. His running ability is ridiculous and that TD where he broke 3-4 tackles was one of the most incredible plays I’ve seen live.

11 Likes

Underdogdynasty.com guys were flipping out about it. It was part of their game write up.

5 Likes

I think you’re right about the TCU game. That game was like a boxing match between two punchers–just wailing on each other back and forth.

1 Like

Ever since king finished off the season at qb last year I’ve always wondered how the coogs would of done with him as the starter from the beginning. Guess we have Kyle Allen to thank for that tho.

2 Likes

He has to be leading the nation in tds, right? He has 28 passing and 11 rushing

1 Like

He was injured to begin last season. From what I heard, if he had been healthy, he would have been the starter from the get go.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/status/1056311098167697410

2 Likes

Thanks for clearing that up. Did not remember that detail.

Bleacher Report has Heisman talk on D’Eriq King.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2803091-winners-and-losers-from-week-9-in-college-football

7 Likes

King is da man !!!