Divisions are gone starting next season

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1166456395291607040?s=20

5 Likes

Hmm.

Interesting.

8 Likes

It’s a new day for the AAC. :astonished:

2 Likes

What’s the underlying motive here? Can someone with more knowledge on future conference realignments/shifts fill us in?

1 Like

Money

3 Likes

Well that ends the speculation of maybe they were working on adding BYU in the near future.

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/ChrisVannini/status/1166439486693285888?s=20

1 Like

I’m speculating like everyone else but the quality of the CCG just went up. It could be 2 ranked AAC teams with the winner going to a NY6 bowl.

Now that AAC conference championship game would mean a lot to both teams.

6 Likes

It prevents a 11-0 team going up against a 6-5 team in title game and the two best teams get what they deserve. I like it.

13 Likes

It also prevents the league from taking some team they really don’t want just to fill out divisions. Too bad they didn’t do that before adding the Navy knee knockers.

12 Likes

If it works for our FFL! hahaha

1 Like

Absolutely! You are ensuring the two BEST teams in the conference are playing for the title.

1 Like

Hey,

If the Little 12 can do it, everyone else should be able to. One less team, more money for the other 11.

4 Likes

An exciting scenario with no divisions starting this year would be UH going undefeated beating OU and Wazzu and Cincy going undefeated beating Ohio State and UCLA.

Of course UH and Cincy would not play each other in the regular season but what a CCG it would be.

Of course I’m bias so in my scenario we win the CCG.

1 Like

Hoping this gets approved. Apparently the lack of a round robin schedule is a hang up.

2 Likes

It will make things easier when the Big XII gets raided and the best of the rest of the leftovers of AAC merge.

Watch the NCAA troll the AAC and reject it. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I will believe it when I see it.

What reason does the NCAA have to allow it? AFAIK unless you play a round robin schedule or have divisions you can’t have a championship game.

6 in one division and 5 in another would be nightmare for all kinds of reasons. It’s unfortunate but it’s a nobrainer. Complaining is moot and a waste of human thought.

1 Like

So why let the Big 12 do it and not the AAC? I think that will further the argument about parity in college football if they do reject it.

1 Like