Do we want him?

He’s a friggin Katy Tiger RB. Of course we want him. Need to open that pipeline back up. BTW, he was a HS teammate of Parker Eichenberger and Collin Wilder.

7 Likes

We are thin at RB with really just the two Car®s returning with more than a handful of carries. Porter should be able to give us a pretty solid third option at the position. He’s pretty fast. And then Kelan Walker ought to start coming on in his second year.

1 Like

Think I said this 8n another thread

He never should have been rated 4 stars. He was not the same level as Rodney Anderson or the one before him. However he is very solid and played anlotnat ut before he was injured last season. And yes he was going to see the field next season for them.
He runs with some power and has solid speed. He is a really good blocker and receiver out of the backfield. He is not a star but will definitely be an asset rotating with two other really good backs we have with Carr and Car.
The answer is heck yeah we want him being that he will be here two years

1 Like

I’m looking for Burrell to get a fresh look. He had touches as a freshman and had better numbers than most each spring. Even performed well on special teams. Applewhite said special teams was the path to playing time on offense and defense but that felt like just lip service seeing as Josh had more touches as a freshman than the last two years under Applewhite combined.

3 Likes

Is this guy better than Kelan Walker?

1 Like

Not sure if better than Walker, but this gives depth this year and next with guys graduating.

It is nice to have 3 guys wil quality experience. M6 guess is there will be facets of his game like pass catching and blocking that will absolutely be better and earn him time.

As for if he will be better how can anyone know since we have not really seen him yet.

What this does is gives us three returning players with experience and one that will not he a SR this season who will be returning.

1 Like

One thing, he must be a good student to have already graduated and still have 2 years of eligibility.

1 Like

Look, this is really simple, if Holgorsen wants him, we want him.

3 Likes

Yep .

It was like he dropped off the RADAR for a year. I wondered what else might be going on with politics or whatever. Josh should mature well.