Donovan Smith

I hope you were just trying to be cute.

1 Like

Absolutely. Humor only, no harm intended.

1 Like

Thanks….I figured as much, but wanted to make sure. In fact I would have bet on it. :joy:

6 Likes

Ran across this today, and it reminded me of this thread.

“At 6-foot-5 and 235 pounds, Smith is an athletic mover and an adaptable passer who quietly flashes high-end anticipation, situational precision, and pocket navigation skills. If he can cut down on occasional ill-advised decisions, his ceiling is incredibly high.”

1 Like

His dad is a coach in the NFL.

Donovan is going to get looks no matter what.

That being said, his accuracy has always been his crutch.

He has every attribute to be a great QB.

1 Like

I hope I’m wrong about Donovan Smith. He just got this James Harden playoff vibe to him.

I think a healthy Smith will do just fine.

7 Likes

That’s my QB!

1 Like

I swear this is the NFL QB version of “I can fix him.”

2 Likes

He can make a lot of money on potential. If our QB coach can get his reads improved his draft stock could rise. A lot will depend on the new system, can they tailor it to fit his game, if so it could be a fun season.

It looks like we improved the O line and added some receivers, along with hopefully an improved run game.
It looks like an improvement in the defense as well.
Clearly an upgrade in virtually all critical coaching positions.
More discipline, reduction of stupid penalties, and coaching. I think we surprise and win more than four.

6 Likes

I predict a big season for Mr. Smith.

9 Likes

I like Smith but he needs to overcome three issues: 1) Passing accuracy was, at best, average last year; 2) New offensive system: new reads, new receivers, new blocking schemes, the offense will take some time to gel; and 3) new offensive line; just like the overall offense, the offensive line will take some time to gel. After seeing the OL in actual game action, there may need to be some changes to the starters based on performance, Too many variables to be confident he will be a high draft pick.

Way better than Kyle Allen…

1 Like

I thought we lost WRs…

I think we gained some and had some left.

1 Like

The only issue that persists with DS is consistency.

He can kill it at times, then other times he looks completely different.

1 Like

We lost studs and brought in AAC receivers… right?

Idk if they’re better,or not, but that’s what I recall…

Hey Tank Dell transfered in from Troy.

Now he’s in the NFL

2 Likes

Tank made an impact from Day 1
Too much stock is taken into account from where these players come from

1 Like