Dormady

Each team has a brother team that it lives with. The Orlando Guardians and San Antonio Brahmas are brother teams. My understanding is that Dormady had loose lips in a conversation with a San Antonio player. Stupid, sure, but it isn’t as nefarious as it first appears.

3 Likes

Ahhh.

XFL reinstated Dormady today. It isn’t clear if he’ll be on the Guardians’ team roster or what exactly that means. Dormady did something stupid and deserves to be disciplined, and I’d argue, removed from the XFL. But the allegations of a betting scandal or otherwise unsportsmanlike act by Dormady appear to be unwarranted.

1 Like

Yeah those teams live in same hotels, eat together etc
After the the Roughnecks beat Arlington last week
Stoops met Phillips at mid field for a congratulatory handshake and said something like “I’ll see ya back at the hotel “. But this is #merica so we can run with a story for miles

Damn, I didn’t know that tidbit.

Not going to lie, forgot this guy went here…
had to google him

3 Likes

Why do I have the feeling that there are a higher proportion of idiots in this joke league than in the NFL?

1 Like

The XFL isn’t sustainable and the players know it. It’s every man for themselves right now. All the amateurs are fighting for an NFL roster spot, but sadly I don’t even think the NFL is looking at the XFL as a feeder league

I’ve been wondering that myself.

We’ll see if the TV ratings are high enough to keep them in business.

It’s good to hear that Dormady wasn’t as sinister as he first appeared.

More color on the Dormady situation. This article seems to confirm my understanding that this was a case of Dormady having loose lips in a conversation with a player from Orlando’s brother team, San Antonio.

The article suggests that Dormady told a San Antonio player that Deondre Francois would be the #2 QB in the Orlando / San Antonio game. Dormady had been Orlando’s #2 QB in the Week 1 game against Houston. I still believe that Dormady shouldn’t have had this conversation with an opposing player, but evidently this was public information. ESPN’s sideline reporter reported this very thing at the Houston game. It isn’t clear who the ESPN sideline reporter’s source was, though.

I’m pretty confident that the San Antonio player involved is Reid Sinnett. My understanding is that Sinnett has made statements to the XFL that are generally exculpatory for Dormady.

The rumor I’ve heard is that a fellow Orlando player was making unfounded allegations against Dormady. Since they’re rumors, I’m not comfortable identifying that player.

As I said, good to hear that this isn’t true and he won’t get blackballed.

1 Like

If my understanding is correct, this scandal may get a whole lot worse. Not for Dormady, but for an Orlando coach who was involved in this effort to smear Dormady. I am now coming to the belief that Dormady was 100% the victim here and didn’t contribute much if anything to any wrongdoing.

The first thing out of their mouth on the radio Friday was he played for UH.

1 Like

After a formal investigation, Dormady was cleared of wrongdoing. The XFL states that Dormady will be placed on the active roster (not 100% sure that’s happened yet). It’s disappointing that so many people prejudged the allegations. I wish Dormady the best, but I fear this terrible incident will take a toll on an innocent man’s career.

It wouldn’t surprise me if we hear more about this scandal. Someone made false allegations against Dormady, and the disciplinary actions taken by the Orlando Guardians were entirely unjustified. I hope the responsible parties are held accountable.

https://twitter.com/XFL_PR/status/1636177972045529089

1 Like

What kind of HR process do they have were they erase a person based on the first allegation.

2 Likes

A modern one.

2 Likes

The XFL has an agreement in place with the NFL.

As far as product on the field, the XFL blows the USFL away

3 Likes

I have a good idea of what happened. It wasn’t a breakdown in process. This was a situation of bad actors with authority and an agenda. To the extent there was an HR process, it was the process that swiftly instigated an investigation that led to Dormady’s exoneration.

1 Like