Doug Belk

Does he have his own thread?

He deserves one!!!

10 Likes

Where was this against TT??

3 Likes

That 2nd half of the TT game really hurt us.

Imagine if we were a ranked 5-0 after tonight with a really legit squad!

Belk will be a head coach someday.

10 Likes

We had Tech on the ropes and lost because we played the worst half of football this year. But this team is getting better each week and if we can win at Tulane next week we will be 5-1 and I will take that…

19 Likes

Well the offense threw 4 picks and gave up 10 points

6 Likes

Belk go lots of love from ESPN. Someone is going to throw a lot of money his way next season. Nature of the beast.

1 Like

Have to wonder how much of Game 1 was an adjustment to calling the game as DC. I saw a lot of frustration with slow signals during that first game. If the defense is going to play like this, all you need is a Flacco-Ravens like offense and â„–22 chewing up the clock with some PA to Tank or Trahan.

2 Likes

He used to work with Saban too which is even more of a problem for us lol. I fear his time here may be limited

3 Likes

Lots of love being given to AAC members going to the Big XII.
Commented on the good hire of Gus Malzahn to UCF
Announcer (not Andre) though UC should have a shot at the CFP if they beat ND and are undefeated.
Nice things to say about the program Holgy is building.

Got to start promoting the new P5 teams in case they dominate their new league.

5 Likes

Yeah I wish he would fly under the radar but he is getting lots of press love. He will be sought after.

2 Likes

How do we retain Belk?

4 Likes

Have Tillman pay Belk a visit.

7 Likes

We don’t. Nature of the beast.

1 Like

Tilman can make him an offer he can’t refuse. hehehe

6 Likes

We need to keep belk!!

That’s all I know.

He’s the one thing that we can ALL agree on

4 Likes

He seems very intense, but I like what they said he allows the players input.

2 Likes

There are other Belks out there. Remember we had Gibbs before we had Orlando. There were some that wanted Gibbs to be our HC. When we got Orlando people forgot how good Gibbs was.

Lets just hope he leaves it all on the field this year. That, and the fact he’s already a p5 DC-in waiting.

He might just decide to stay here vs be a DC at Florida or some other big name school. Either way, we’re in good shape. Dana did a helluva good job letting Belk develop at both programs though.

Dana doesn’t seem to me to be a guy with tons of buddies. But its obvious he and Belk get along well.

4 Likes

There is a lot of talent for sure, but what impresses me the most is how hard they play….and if they do give up a big play there is no hanging their heads…they nut up and make a big play themselves.

6 Likes

It all depends if he has HC aspirations.

If YES, he takes one of two paths

1. Takes a HC job at a G5 program…maybe a Texas State, UTSA, Tulane type place
  2. Looks for a DC spot at a true blue blood to prove his value against big competition week in and week out

Or…if he likes being DC, and likes being in Houston with what he is building …he stays here knowing he will be a P5 DC is a couple of years

2 Likes