Drinking question

That’s it but I never paid that much, usually $5 or $6. Oh well, inflation

Chris…

the Sonalto Rose was surprisingly good. I wasn’t expecting a very inexpensive wine to have the pleasant fruit flavor that it had.

You get a thumbs up. :+1:

Oban man myself

Thanks for the reminder, need to get a new bottle

Shhh! Don’t tell anyone. It gets bought out quickly already during the summer months.

Even though I’ve spent a great deal of time studying wines, my favorite thing is finding very cheap, drinkable wines.

The good news is that I didn’t have to wait 6 years to consume it. :grinning:

Yellowtail Shiraz is my cheap go-to red.

Other than my issue with varying quality on a per bottle basis, best red value currently

My three bourbons currently:
Eagle rare
Makers mark no 46
Four roses small batch

$4.50 @ HEB

this is a true deal. my dad and i just spent a week in breckenridge. at 3 restaurants, he ordered one and had to send it back or explain it to the waiter what he wanted; just not popular with the young folks it seems.

Weird. I ask by name and 9 of 10 carry Dewars.

Red Diamond is mine.

1 Like

I think 4R small batch is the best bang for your buck. Tried the select but didn’t think a bottle was $20 better. Woodford and Makers are my go to when out watching games at the bars. The bourbon market has been pretty crazy over the last few years and shows no signs of slowing.

Glenfiddich conceded such when it took a 15 year and had it sprnd the last 3 years in bourbon barrels.

Liked it! Very surprised that a red wine this inexpensive was much better than I would have normally expected. Thanks.

Suggest you start a CoachV recommended wine of the month for those of us who are “grasshoppers” when it comes to the knowledge of wine choices. :grinning:

I will do much like I do with books. I don’t change a lot on wine. Love my Ridge for nice dinners. Rose in the spring & summer, red in the fall & winter.

Are you familiar with The Prisoner Wine Company? I ask because they have a Red Blend that apparently is pretty tasty and High West Distillery in Park City used their barrels for a limited whiskey release, High West Prisoner’s Share. Unfortunately they don’t ship to Texas so it’s either pay exuberant secondary prices or visit the distillery.

I’m mostly a gin drinker, but I do love some whiskey and sipping tequila.

Gin

• Monkey 47 (worth the price)
  • Uncle Val’s Botanical Gin (similar to M47, but half the price)
  • Brooklyn Gin
  • Hendricks (original)

Scotch/Whisk(e)ys/Bourbons

• Suntory Whisky Toki
  • (Costco branded, Kirkland) Glenlivet Distillery 40-Year-Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky
  • Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon Whiskey (like my Costco, it’s for special occasions only)

Wine (Cab, red blends, nothing too sweet) is great.

I’ve been wanting to try Sortilege, the Canadian whisky made with maple syrup and Costco’s Kirkland Speyside 24 years Sherry Finish.

The Prisoner Red Blend, Cabernet and Chardonnay can be found at Total Wine, H-E-B and Kroger’s in the Houston area. One of my favorite brands, but pricey.

How do feel about Irish Gunpowder Gin?