Drug cartels have US Sniper guns

You are 100% correct.
We are at a point where one part of the media is “inventing, characterizing, brain washing” people.
Instead of reporting the facts and only the facts these same facts are distorted to one’s philosophical belief.
I have not an once of racism in my body. The friends that know me know it.
Here is the caveat:
“He is behind this candidate therefore he is a racist”
This is not a political point that I am making. It is a sociological theory point.
The question is why are so many accepting this “brain washing”?
Is it convenient for an excuse(s) or is it denying reality?

1 Like

Guilt by association isn’t a new concept

yep

How am I hijacking the thread?
Do you remember the news media prior to Inside Edition?
This is not only happening here but also overseas. The instant you put an opinion on a story the facts are distorted. It is no longer journalism. It is now an editorial. That is the point i was trying to make. Can we agree on that?

Your really asking how you hijacked it?

Times have changed and how we consume media has changed how media gives it to us. I agree with your editorial comment.

People from both sides struggle to tell the difference between a fact and an opinion.

But I think you are misplacing blame on the media. The media is just responding to what it’s viewers/consumers want.

A close friend said the other day he used to watch CNN all the time but it’s unwatchable now. I told him CNN didn’t change he did.

As he has gotten older his views became more conservative. He makes the same claim you do about the media. Then he cites Fox News “fair and balanced” slogan.

When I tell him Fox News was created by conservatives for conservatives and they will serve up the news to fill their viewers needs he seems surprised. Imagine if Nixon had had Fox News.

Most who consume media now don’t really want to learn facts and then form an opinion. Yes, like you I pine for those past days too.

Now people form an opinion shaped by established views and then go find the media that supports that view and then they are locked in and through that lens everything else is wrong in their view. Their view and opinion is then just reinforced by the echo chamber they enjoy.

6 Likes

People believe “their side” is fair and telling the facts. And, both sides do it.

The problem sometimes is deciding which media outlets are biased. Lots of disagreement in that space but there are sites/publications that dig into that.

1 Like

OMG so true. I am constantly checking the site I get a link from for a bias analysis.

When I point out the site they cited has a strong bias…one way or the other…I usually get “No they aren’t…they are the least biased”.

To paraphrase “ It why we are…where we think we are!”.

1 Like

“But I think you are misplacing blame on the media. The media is just responding to what it’s viewers/consumers want”

Do they or did the media execs “re-branded” the way they report the news?
My wife, early has a journalism degree, she worked for NASA and worked in PR for over 15 years.
One day she is doing a press conference for a major hospital that had an “A listed movie star” I won’t name that would not be ethical or right.
One of the journalist pressed my wife to know if he was on a respirator or still alive.
My wife responded with the famous line “We can neither confirm or deny that … is even in the hospital”
The same night the same journalist went on national tv that …was dead.
Why did she do it? Ratings
The next day the same journalist was banned from the following press conferences.
My sister is an editorial journalist for a major weekly magazine. She has a journalism degree but she writes…editorials.
Did the public change and therefore the media changed? I agree with you but who pushed whom to think that way?
What kind of “sociological” damage can be done to a society and can it get “worse”?
By getting worse I mean silencing the opposition because they do not represent another point of view. Certain opinion TV figures are under pressure from different groups that want to get them off the air. How? They massively call the advertisers. Then the advertisers call the network. The network then responds to pressure and takes off the opinion tv figure off the air.
You see where I am going with this?

:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

1 Like

A well regulated militia man

1 Like

Good lord enough with AR pics. Sure there’s some other forums that these pics would be ok. How do we allow all the Trash on here when it’s supposed to be a Forum to discuss College Athletics. #Disgusting

I did my best to make light of it in earlier post when you said you could get down the street. But then just as I knew here come all the idiotic Gun pics. Obviously I’m not into guns but with everything going on in our Country, now is Not the time to be showing these Stupid pics of AR’s. I guess I’m just too Old Fashioned and don’t find some Civilian holding an Assault Rifle funny in least bit!! The 2 Mods that I see trying to do their best to keep the postings civil don’t have time to check every hour on the hour for all the stuff that gets by on here. Ok, my rant is done, just don’t like IT and I can’t wait for all us to go back and talk about the actual College events which is why I THINK we all signed up for this Forum.
#Peace

1 Like

Fair point. Me too, I can’t wait for football either.

1 Like

We’re on the satellite, this is non sports related board

I appreciate it J V, nothing against you personally in the least bit. As you mentioned you are into Hunting as a hobby etc, so you got caught up in the Thread that somehow was allowed to be started. My angst is more with the few on here that I have to constantly step around bc I know they’re going to push the envelope. Then they get their hand slapped–MAYBE n they right back at it 24-48 hrs later. Satellite or what not what the heck does Sniper Guns have to do in relation to Coogs Sports @Cougardue

What do random picture or Covid comparasions have to do with Coog sports? I love both those threads.
Look I saw a video about something I didn’t know about and wanted to share. I hope saying 50 cal sniper guns in cartels hands are scary isn’t deemed political but I did know it could go down a slippery slope. Not trying to tax the mods just thought it was a interesting subject.

Good Day Sir! #WeCanDoBetter #Done

I’m confused

I worked down there for a year in 2012-2013. Very scary place. It was during a period when the Federal govt declared war against the cartels. As the cartels were getting shreaded the cartels starting fighting against each other to pick up each others markets. More Mexicans were dying in a year than all of our years in Vietnam. Their people got very tired of the drug wars and voted the govt out to go back to the historically corrupt prior govt.

You expressed your frustration. That is great, I respect your opinion that is why we can have a civil conversation.
You don’t agree? Great again. That is why we can have a civil conversation.
What does it have anything to do with sports? This is not a sport thread. Then your displeasure is not about the thread. You have the choice to read it and answer it. If you criticize the thread or satelite area you misunderstood what this section is about. Does that make sense?

1 Like