Duke's recruiting is bonkers

Their 2023 Class, currently has five 5 :star2:. Will it lead to a title for Scheyer

https://mobile.twitter.com/TiptonEdits/status/1567622005813399553

1 Like

Their 2022 class has Four (5) :star2: players

Number of 5 stars in past classes

*2021 Class: (3) Banchero, Keels, Griffin

*2020 Class: (4) Johnson, Steward, Roach, Mark Williams

*2019 Class: (2) Vernon Carey and Matthew Hurt

*2018 Class: (4) Zion, Barrett, Reddish, Jones

If they can’t control the Ego’s it could spell disaster, like Memphis

1 Like

https://mobile.twitter.com/DukeMBB/status/1567622706526298112

It certainly could lead to a title but there’s no guarantees in March Madness. Even that team Calipari had a few years back couldnt get it done and they were by far the most talented team ive seen. Winning a championship is hard.

3 Likes

Amazing!

Duke is historically good at controlling egos, but it’s still dang hard to win the whole thing.

That Tyrese Proctor guy looks like he sucks

1 Like

No alpha, tho :thinking:

Kentucky will probably have a more impressive class if they land Wagner & Bradshaw.

Coach K is gone it’s a new game.

1 Like

All those 5-stars, and they still won’t be able to beat us in the national championship game, being played in Houston! Print it!

5 Likes

I don’t have data to back this up, but it seems like teams who rely on a bunch of freshmen, no matter how talented, have a hard time winning the tourney. Experience tends to win out.

2 Likes

Yep.

Takes more than stars to win big……as we know heart and culture must be prominent….

And it might help if a few stayed for more than a year.

2 Likes

107 Duke players have been drafted by the NBA. In comparison UH has had 46 players drafted by the NBA.

1 Like

How many Duke players are in top 100 all time?

2 Likes

Good question. They have 1 NBA hall of famer while UH has 3.

3 Likes

46 players have been selected out of Houston in NBA draft history, 12 in the first round (1 during the last 10 years), 10 in the second round and 4 among the top 3 picks.

107 players have been selected out of Duke in NBA draft history, 53 in the first round (21 during the last 10 years), 21 in the second round and 17 among the top 3 picks.

I don’t care at all. The only team that I care is my Houston Cougars

2 Likes

Then why did you click on this thread and comment?

4 Likes

Is that not the proper way to ‘first post’ on this site? It’s perfection