6’1 Jamal Shead (10.5 PPG)
6’1 LJ Cryer (15 PPG at Baylor)
6’5 Damian Dunn (15.4 PPG at Temple)
6’7 J’Wan Roberts (10.0 PPG)
6’8 Ja’Vier Francis (4.3 PPG)

Kansas

6’1 Dajuan Harris Jr. (8.9 PPG)
*6’3 Arterio Morris (4.6 PPG at Texas)
6’4 Nicolas Timberlake (17.7 PPG at Towson)
6’7 K.J. Adams (10.6 PPG)
*7’1 Hunter Dickinson (18.5 PPG at Michigan)

Texas

6’0 Tyrese Hunter (10.3 PPG)
*6’0 Max Abmas (21.9 PPG ar ORU)
6’6 Brock Cunningham (4.6 PPG)
6’9 Dylan Disu (8.8 PPG)
6’11 Kadin Shedrick (6.2 PPG at Virginia)

Baylor

6’5 Langston Love (6.3 PPG)
6’4 Miro Little (No. 33 in ESPN 100)
6’5 Ja’Kobe Walter (No. 14 in ESPN 100)
6’7 Jalen Bridges (10.3 PPG)
6’10 Josh Ojianwuna (4.2 PPG)

Kansas St.

*5’11 Tylor Perry (17.3 PPG at UNT)
6’3 R.J. Jones (No. 50 in ESPN 100)
6’3 Cam Carter (6.5 PPG)
6’9 David N’Guessan (6.4 PPG)
6’10 Nae’Qwan Tomlin (10.4 PPG)

TCU

6’1 Jameer Nelson, Jr. (20.6 PPG at Delaware)
6’3 Avery Anderson III (11.1 PPG at Ok St.)
6’8 JaKobe Coles (8.6 PPG)
6’7 Emanuel Miller (12.3 PPG)
6’9 Essam Mostafa (12.2 PPG at CCU)

• assuming baugh is done

Iowa st

6’3 Jackson Paveletzke (15.1 PPG at Wofford)
*6’4 Keshon Gilbert (11.4 PPG at UNLV)
6’5 Curtis Jones (15 PPG at Buffalo)
6’8 Omaha Biliew (No. 10 in ESPN 100)
6’8 Milan Momcilovic (No. 46 in ESPN 100)

Oklahoma st

6’1 John-Michael Wright (9.8 PPG)
6’6 Bryce Thompson (11.8 PPG)
6’6 Eric Dailey (No. 50 in ESPN 100)
6’9 Brandon Garrison (No. 30 in ESPN 100)
*6’11 Mike Marsh (10.5 PPG at Jacksonville st)

WVU

6’3 Kerr Kriisa (9.9 PPG at Arizona)
6’5 Raequan Battle (17.7 PPG at Montana state)
6’5 Jose Perez (18.9 PPG at Manhattan in 22- waiver denied)
6’9 Tre Mitchell (11.7 PPG)
6’10 Jesse Edwards (14.5 PPG at Syracuse)

Texas Tech

6’2 Richard Isaacs (11.5 PPG)
6’3 Chance McMillian (10.3 PPG at Grand Canyon)
6’6 Darrion Williams (7.6 PPG at Nevada)
6’7 KyeRon Lindsay (6.2 PPG at Goergia)
*7’0 Warren Washington (9.2 PPG at Arizona st)

Cincinnati

*6’7 Simas Lukosius (11.6 PPG at Butler)
6’3 C.J. Fredrick (6.1 PPG at Kentucky)
6’7 Rayvon Griffith (No. 70 in ESPN 100)
6’11 Viktor Lakhin (11.6 PPG)
*6’11 Jamille Reynolds OR 6’11 Aziz Bandaogo (10 PPG at Temple/UVU - whoever gets a waiver)

UCF

6’1 Darius Johnson (10.0 PPG)
6’4 Ithiel Horton (12.3 PPG)
*6’7 Jaykwon Walton (13.9 PPG at Wichita)
6’8 C.J. Walker (8.3 PPG in 2022- med redshirt)
*6’10 Omar Payne (4.8 PPG at Jacksonville)

BYU

*6’0 Ques Glover (14.7 PPG at Samford)
6’5 Spencer Johnson (11.1 PPG)
*6’4 Dawson Baker (15.3 PPG at UCI)
6’6 Fousseyni Traore (12.9 PPG)
6’11 Aly Khalifa (11.7 PPG at Charlotte)

Oklahoma

6’2 Javian McCollum (15.9 PPG at Sienna)
*6’4 Le’Tre Darthard (13.8 PPG at UVU)
6’6 Rivaldo Soares (7.2 PPG at Oregon)
6’8 Jacolb Cole (No. 71 in ESPN 100)
6’9 John Hugley IV (14.8 PPG at Pitt in 22)

since the last update byu, cincy and kansas have had the most movement since th last update… the transfer portal is starting to dry out and still a TON of empty ships league wide …also a couple of the lineups were really toss ups, a few teams with 7/8 “should be a starter” guy

with techs and oksts new additions we are probably going to be the smallest team in the league woth major pt players (they added centers)… (note: iowa state is smaller as listed above but their real starting 5 will likely include a huge 6’10 big (jones), i just had a hard time putting a 5pt career scorer over a 5star…but in reality the 5star are too small to start)

there should be 1 more surge of commitments after the draft stuff… a couple teams are 1 or 2 players away from looking really good. that should be the last major update

4 Likes

@pesik Solid breakdown.

For Cincinnati, Frederick probably won’t run point. Either Jizzle James or Juco player DaVeon Thomas

i just arrange them by height-ish… in the lineup i have above, simas would run point, who is the best passer on the team…

jizzle and deveon are more score first pgs… i just leaned with experience since jizzle and the juco have no d1 experience yet

Gotcha. I hear Tech could be landing Tyrin Lawrence from Vandy

Could be a starting 2 guard for them.

McMillian, would be a good piece off the bench

Also Raequan Battle for West Virginia, he could be a starter

https://twitter.com/trillydonovan/status/1659403547673255936

tech roster is kinda weak as is… the fact that i have 3 different 10pts or lower from bad teams as starters … tyrin would be a almost a home run with the context of what tech needs and how the portal is starting to get empty… lawrence and washington would drastically change the tide of what they looked like 3 weeks ago

1 Like

and battle was one of the tough one in picking starters… tcu and cincy were also really tough… i leaned tousaint as a returning player who knew the syste, and been in p5 his whole career but itll be close … i might just update and put him as a starter thou…since kerr can run the point

1 Like

@pesik Baylor could go with VCU transfer Jayden Nunn as a starter. Started 35 games last season

With Langston Love at 2. And Walter as the 3rd guard

Is it a done deal that Adam Flagler is gone? I would assume so

Not critiquing your work. Im thinking it thru myself

1 Like

flagler hasnt decided but if they have a draftable grade i just assume they are gone…

and nunn was also a tricky decision… little vs nunn was what is 8pt scorer from a a10 team to the 33rd recruit. i lean little just because i liked his tape more

edit : i added battle to be the starter at wvu and made it obvious im noting simas as the pg

1 Like

Rayvon Griffith won’t start at UC next year.

Jizzle has a better chance than him but if I guess, neither start.

If I had to pick today before reading practice reports, I’d go:
For a small ball lineup:
PG: Dayveon Thomas
G: CJ Frederick
G/SF: Daniel Skillings
stretch 4/ball handler: Simas
C: Viktor Lahkin

For a 2 big lineup:
PG: DayDay Thomas
G: CJ or Skillings (I like Skillings a ton)
SF: Simas
PF: Vik
C: Aziz

With a pretty good bench of:
-Jizzle James (to me a Kelvin Sampson kinda dude)
-Rayvon Griffith
-Reynolds from Temple
-Skillings
-Ody Oguama
-Sage Tolentino (I have very low hopes for him)
-Josh Reed (has good upside still)
-John Newman (UC’s best perimeter defender and was top 3% in synergy defense 2 years ago)

1 Like

ill be shocked if you brought in 2 starter quality centers, when you already had 3 centers on roster to play small ball… (especially when they were your last pickups)

simas would be a worse defensive 4 that davenport, which was an issue last year. i ONLY see small ball on both centers denied the waiver …and the small ball 4 would be skillings no simas

i like skillings to, has high defensive potential… but with none shooting 4 and 5, a wing with limited offense will be hard to put out… and thats why i gave the edge to rayvon who is a drastically better shooter …
especially cause jizzle and dayday are shake and bake drivers and not really shooter like that either

RG isn’t starting at UC next year. He’s a good player now but he won’t be a b12 level starter until year 2 or 3

Wes Miller has no set lineups right now. He will figure it out as it comes. Last year he started Davenport and finished with Ody. With the kinda defensive pressure Wes wants to put on, I think he wants his big playing 22-25 min early.

Against Houston I could see the big lineup working well.

Regardless Rayvon Griffith isn’t a starter or even in top 7 of rotation

the rotation hasnt been set, as you noted. why are you ruling out RG?.. he is 6’7 and the only athletic player that can also shoot at high level… which gives him an edge

also you were the one who told me RG was a 5star quality when he committed

There seems to be the new portal improved #1 Kansas, and 11 other teams.

KU #1, UH # 8, 3 others.

Aziz Bandaogo, the transfer from Utah valley, is a darn good player. Super athletic shot blocker and has a nice three-point shot at around 33%. Plays hard on the defensive end. Exactly the type of center that Wes Miller needs for the B12. He’s basically a shot blocker like J Francis, but is 3 inches taller and can shoot from the outside.

People have to remember Wes Miller is only 40 years old. He’s just getting it going at Cincinnati. Recruiting is going well so far and I expect them to take a leap forward in the next few seasons.

2 Likes

I’ve cooled on him. His numbers weren’t great at his Arizona prep school. He’s good but not 5 star.

I do think Jizzle is the better of the 2 players. Him and Rayvon will be great in 2 years but Ray I think still needs some work.

Wow, some ppl never want to leave school. Then we had folks like Hinton who couldn’t wait to leave school.

Kansas being preseason #1 overall, very real possibility

1 Like

Yes for sure with now even McCullar coming back. And sadly, we can’t get a front court player from some decent folks available now who can help us.

2 Likes