Emoni Bates Arrested

Steve Haney, lawyer for Bates, told [ESPN] that his client was driving a borrowed car that had a gun inside when he was pulled over, and he was subsequently booked into jail on gun charges.

All the talent in the world, but not worth the headache. ThatMs why he is at Eastern Michigan.

2 Likes

Wowzers!

I just saw E. Michigan’s Twitter release a picture of Emoni in their uniform for the 1st time this weekend I believe. This dude is living one of the craziest up & down College Careers I’ve ever followed.

Never forget!

1 Like

Not sure when the up part has been.

1 Like

The “Up” I guess what the hype surrounding him during recruiting.

More proof you never want to get the cover of S.I.

2 Likes

But it wasn’t mine I swear!

1 Like

eastern Michigan rolls hard

1 Like

Kid really needs to figure out how to get out of his own way smh

1 Like

From last year he knows how to get out of the way on defense. :wink:

2 Likes

Don’t F around in Ypsi.

EMU best Az St this past weekend in :football:

I don’t think Bates is a bad guy. But he damn sure doesn’t have sound guidance from his support group

3 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/jeffborzello/status/1580587958297497600

Charges dismissed. Looks like he’ll play this season

I think he’ll have to make it as a late 2nd rounder or free agent……concealed weapon is one thing, but trying to scratch the serial number off the gun is not a good look.

Nobody is going to draft him in the first round……he needs to prove that he is not the person he seems to be….might start by cutting the cord with dad in regards to basketball decisions……

Had this kid taken care of business on and off the court he would have been a lottery pick.

1 Like