Epitome of a bad win

Don’t get me wrong, we won. Lots of things could have gone wrong but just looking at our offense against a team that has given massive amounts of points and yards to other teams, I’d say we are lucky to be bowl eligible. However it does mean we get to watch our COOGS play in post season. Looking at our offense I would say we are looking at another beating. Haven’t we lost 4 bowls in a row?? You would think a win and going 6-1 would make Holgerson a hero but we all have seen fools gold. SMU next week, that’s the test. If he passes that with what we have seen today, I’m back in his corner.

2 Likes

A bad win is better than a good loss. Enjoy the ride

26 Likes

After that long delay and empty drab stadium atmosphere, I’m not blaming the team for tonight. I’m just glad we won. I know they will be focused and ready for SMU.

10 Likes

They had a gut check time. They passed as far as I am concerned. On to SMU I have always been of the opinion a team character is a reflection of the coaches personality. This team showed me, they have grit.

10 Likes

We won the game. Period. Great call by Holgorsen to give it to McCaskill. Great defense most of the game.

11 Likes

We suck no line blocking. We need our A++++ game to try And beat Ponies next week.

1 Like

Hopefully not a 70-14 type bowl

2 Likes

A win is a win.

6 Likes

Dana Applewhite

That’s where we are, even if some don’t want to admit it. 180 yards of offense vs ECU. ROTLMAO. JOKE. James Dickey thinks that’s bad coaching.

5 Likes

Dana seems to be a CUSA level coach.

1 Like

That’s an insult to cusa

4 Likes

By the way UTSA is very good!

Hard to consider just how low the shade on CDH was considering that CUSA now only exists as an afterthought on probation.

I cannot remember a worst win than this… still better than a good loss

8 Likes

Let’s be honest. If UH was 7-0 with this schedule, would you be saying that UH is “very good!!!”?

2 Likes

Good point, I would not consider us very good. However, would you consider our offensive display to be ‘a little offensive’?

UTSA stinks as much as us. If we played a regular season game vs them we win 8/10. If it’s a bowl game 1/10.

4 Likes

I am on record as saying I thought the Return of Dana would bring back an exciting offense. I have learned that the Dana of Keenum Days is gone and the new Dana wants to control the ball and the clock.

I didn’t get to focus on the game tonight but I will say what I did see was “surprising” and “lacked creativity.”

I don’t how much is due to the OL not being able to block much tonight that limited the playbook but both fall on the head coach.

Not ideal situation for either team tonight but glad to escape with the W. Penn St probably wishes they would have won in OT.

Hopefully, this was that “oh boy” game that this program is known to have thru its history but fortunately the defense was good enough to hold on for the W when I was convinced it was going to slip away.

5 Likes

The thought of Tune slinging it around like Case makes my stomach turn. There would be more turnovers than your local HEB if we did that.

4 Likes

Good point. I think Dana knows what he is dealing with in Tune. He can get a gunslinger in here like Case things maybe different offensively

1 Like