Espn talking heads don’t believe

except Lunardi, who picks the coogs with best chance to come out of the midwest

I believe…

I feel like Rutgers was a bad matchup for us, Deeky was hurt and they were not only motivated by the threat of elimination but also by the Young family’s connection to UH.

BRING ON 'CUSE!

4 Likes

Of course they love Syracuse…the East Coast media bias will be in full effect this week.

Just get Jarreau healthy…let Sasser find his shot…because that is definitely needed to break the 2-3 Syracuse zone

5 Likes

I felt like this was a Memphis type game. Aggressive man to man defense, tougher on the boards than I expected. You need to have a game like this. I remember UNLV back in the early 90’s, they blew everyone out, never played a close game, undefeated until the final four. Duke played them tight and they didn’t know what to do.

You need a game to test your mettle. Sometimes you have to know why you lose in order to know how to win. I feel Rutgers didn’t play to win, they played not to lose. They gave us a chance and we took it.

5 Likes

yes, the slowdown from rutgers, too soon…reminded me of our game with nc state…slowed it down with too much time on the clock and not enough points lead.
don’t know why they did it…but it gave coogs time to catch their breath, line up defense and execute

3 Likes

I agree with all of that… I feel like we could’ve put this game away early but we gave Rutgers confidence when we missed a ton of open shots and let them come back before halftime. We could’ve been up big at the half if it wasn’t for horrendous FG %.

Thanks for sharing

We shot 60% from the free throw line. That was a bigger story for me.

7 Likes

Yeah… That’s was awful… Sasser shot 100% when it mattered though!

3 Likes

The biggest reason we couldn’t put them away earlier is we had so many “one & done” shots. It wasn’t til 2nd half to where we started winning the off. rebounding battles.

5 Likes

I said the same thing as Raw during the game. We weren’t getting rebounds and we’re not a good shooting team to be able to win without those 2nd and 3rd shots.

1 Like

Sasser makes a lot of plays when it matters. Love that kid.

4 Likes

The biggest thing about Rutgers that stood out is they didn’t back down. When Gorham did his jump ball intimidation routine, they were having none of it and were about to fight.

This stuck out to me too.

what do,you expect from the kids from Jersey…it’s another working class school like UH. Both my parents went to Rutgers.

1 Like

Good! Houston sports teams do better when flying under the radar.

3 Likes

Not to mention much of the media went to Syracuse. They’ll be openly cheerleading for Syracuse all week.

1 Like

I guarantee, there is only one story ESPN will be covering this week out of the midwest region, Loyola and Sister Jean. If that has run its course, Jim Boeheim and his son. Then, how a team picked to be last in the PAC-12 is in the sweet 16.

Am I missing anyone from the midwest region?

4 Likes

Yes. The replacement REFS.

No respect = chips on shoulders. Always good to play the “everyone doubts us” game to motivate your players. Coogs a good bet this coming weekend.