ESPN Way Early 2022 Top 25

We return a senior QB that keeps improving + a coach with 3+ years in the program and are coming off a 12 win season.

Those are three strong pieces that warrant around a #15 preseason ranking

8 Likes

Letā€™s be honest, NO ONE on this board thought weā€™d be ranked starting the upcoming season at the start of last season. Iā€™m pumped!

9 Likes

Yes Sirā€¦finish 2021 and start 2022 ranked in Top 20 ? Iā€™d wonder what Vegas odds would have been on that.

3 Likes

I would say about 150/1 before the start of this season.

Letā€™s play U Conn in the CCG againā€¦but this year at the cage. Bet we could sell it out.

Best pre season ranking since Yeoman

Seriously man haha. I think that Big 12 membership has a little something to do with it. And weā€™re ahead of Cinci on that list ?!?! Iā€™ll take it.

Tune has grown up to be a fine QB and is very underrated. We are blessed!!

Go Coogs. Canā€™t wait for next season

2 Likes

It more has to do with the offense. The defense I have faith in, but I want to see this offense perform at a high caliber, no matter the opponent.

Do I think it can happen? Yes. But will I automatically accept a top 15 ranking? No.

Football is currently at the same point of development as basketball circa 2018 or MAYBE 2019, but they are not at the same level as 2021 hoops. Therefore, Iā€™ll give them a similar expectation.

In the end, really this doesnā€™t matter. Go win the AAC next year.

Are saying this based on your assessment of the 2022 Coogs or what you think they will be ranked in the major preseason polls?

Of course my statement is NOT related any assessment of the 2022 team.

Preaseason rankings are always done to support media narratives. Next year will be no different.

We can confirm or refute with our first two games.

I agree not worried in the defense, to be honest Iā€™m only worried about the o-line. Fifth yr Sr QB, RB and WR should all be improved. This is the Yr to win big if the o-line can be solid

1 Like