Exceeding Expectations 2021

I think the gamble CDH took with the massive redshirting in his first year paid big in the long run. He may have won a couple more games in his 2 previous years had he not done that, but we would be a couple of years behind where we are now.

I also think CDH used the portal very much to our benefit last year which let him again redshirt our HS recruits. I sure hope the doubters are beginning to see the wisdom Holgorsen has shown in his handling of our program and how he is molding us into a balanced team with enough depth to play with the big boys. I am very confident in him and am comfortable with any decision he makes on personnel.

9 Likes

“Don’t get caught young.”

2 Likes

I believe it’s not to stamp out any negative comments (I am one that does not like all of the negatives, because I don’t feel like it benefits anyone except the bitcher), but it gets a tad bit frustrating when one raises the same negative over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over,and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over.

15 Likes

It appears you are responding to a negative comment to stamp it out. According to Slehcoog you are a bootlicker and snow(what he said) according to him. As am I.

Perhaps the “doubters” subscribe to the school of “if you say something enough times it becomes the truth”
lol, you can type “snowflakes” but use it in a singular term and it is not allowed to be posted

1 Like

Dana is going to give you the unvarnished truth.
You watched the team get destroyed by Army and thought he could just drop in and go on a historic run like Herman. He told you about depth issues and rebuilt the depth. He softened the schedule to give us a chance to win. Win he did! Not sure why you guys keep doubting a guy that has been coaching for so long and wants to be here.

10 Likes

Its all about expectations and setting the bar too high. According to doubters Dana was supposed to take the team that was beatdown by Army and win the conference. This year we were supposed to beat every team by 50 points. When it didnt happen he was labeled a bad coach.

The part I dont get is attacking his personal life and his personality. I guess some are more concerned with style than winning.

4 Likes

That the team and the staff exceeded expectations really sums it up. I was not on the Dana train after the Tech collapse but was never happier to say that I was wrong about him. This is a solid program with a lot to look forward to in '22 and beyond.

2 Likes

We didn’t expect to win by 50 points every game, but were lead to believe that we could score 50+ points every game. History while Case was here, QB whisperer, Big12 WV offense. So forgive us for having our expectations.

1 Like

12-2. And the guy that plays the most important position of the field took a huge step forward in year 3 of Dana’s system.

Next year could be one for the ages for this Cougar Program.

4 Likes

By who? Someone with knowledge told you that? If you don’t have some quote by CDH or Pez then I truly doubt your claim.

If you are saying it was your expectation because of circumstances then that is on you. It is your imagination that let you down

1 Like

Funny to me that people who post over and over and over again about their perceived negatives, not stopping at one, two, three
ten
twenty posts about roughly the same two or three things that are up their butt for months on end, get pissed when people point out how incredibly wrong they were a few times. Take your freaking medicine for as long as people want to give it to you. You subjected people to that crap for a loooooooooooooooong time. Don’t cry to be about forgiveness when you had zero for anyone else that disagreed with you when you were dumping your shizz all over everyone spring, summer, winter and fall.

1 Like

Yup. I am ready to take anything that comes my way for my bashing of Dana the last couple of years.

Ridiculous that we could be complaining about anything at this point in time. We had a fantastic year. I’m glad Dana is making me eat crow.

5 Likes

Oh, you have to be told. Didn’t realize that being a fan of UH was like entering into a corporate contract. lol.

How about that quote from Renu? About firing coaches?

1 Like

Happy New Year! :man_shrugging:

1 Like

If you’re captivated by scoring 50 points a game you’re gonna hate the B12.

Just
win
baby

4 Likes

Far and away exceeded mine and I had us down for 9-10 wins. Finishing season ranked in Top 20 was a pipe dream coming in. Outstanding job by the staff, players and all

6 Likes

No, im just wondering how you concluded we would beat other teams by scoring 50+. So what was it? You said an expectation was created. How?

You cannot poo poo a 12-2 season. Obviously we can and should improve on certain aspects of the game. We need Tune ti stop throwing into triple coverage and overthrowing wide open receivers, and we need CDH to recruit some WRs and open up the play book.

Too many times this season our offense went to sleep in the second half. If we want to compete with the big boys we need to step it up and be dominant for 4 quarters.

All that said, we should celebrate this season. We don’t have many 12 win seasons in our history.

2 Likes

Personally I think winning by 1 point is plenty. Why waste points you could use later? :wink:

4 Likes

As long as endsup in the W column that’s all that matters

4 Likes