Expectations for Holgorsen - Year 3 - Underdog Dynasty

4 Likes

We fire coaches for going 8-4…we need to win next season

3 Likes

Fair evaluation

2 Likes

I agree. I am not an OL coach so I will assume the write up was close on that front because the rest seemed reasonable

I’m not that positive. Reviewing the roster seems we lose a lot of key players-either graduating or opting for the pros.

Bear in mind that everyone gets a free year, should they choose (and should CDH…).
So…some Seniors might come back and contribute.

2 Likes

In my mind this season just is not a real season. And if it were me, all kids should get an extra year of eligibility if they want it. With everything going on in the world, harsh judgement just isn’t called for. Now next year… assuming there is some return to sanity, yeah there needs to be improvement for sure.

3 Likes

UH is last in recruiting in the AAC this year.

2 Likes

Where is your source?

1 Like

Apparently, we aren’t allowed to have any expectations.

1 Like

The man has to win 9 games and be in contention for a conference title.

2 Likes

I don’t know who is more tired of hearing that crap, me or Dr. Khator.

4 Likes

He says The Pearland Community Newsletter. :grin:

No we are not. We are currently 10 out of 11 teams. Tulsa is below us. I don’t like it but I finally accept that JUCOs are a key part of CDH’s recruiting strategy. Then, we back fill with transfers. We offer a bunch of kids in positions we need, but we get few commits. I think if we have a winning record, we could get more HS commits.

1 Like

You seem to only have two states of mind: Depressive and maniacal.

Lighten up, Francis.

2 Likes

I think we need to take into consideration that Rivals ranks on total stars–not average stars. Outside of Tulsa, we have between three and 11 less recruits than the other AAC programs (not counting Navy as they show 66 recruits).

I’ve never understood that.

Going by average star rating on rivals, we’re 6th out of 11 (they’ve got UConn in the AAC still, for some reason).

And for some reason, two JUCO recruits are two stars and one JUCO is not ranked at all. I have doubts that those are correct–or that any sort of actual time or effort went into entering that data. (EDIT:: Not clear to me the more I think about that the unranked person is JUCO or high school.)

We’re not where any of us would like us to be, but we’re not on death’s doorstep, either.

Anyway, here’s where I got the data:

2021 Team Rankings American Athletic (rivals.com)

2 Likes

I agree with you, Mike. Most misrepresented quote from UH in my time. Having said that with the schedule we have next year, Holgorsen needs to win 9 games plus. Eight would be “meh”. Less than that, and there should be serious concern universally.

1 Like

How many scholarship do we have to give is the next question? If we have 11 commitments and only 15 scholarships available, then we are doing well. However, if we have 11 commitments and 20 scholarships to give, there is cause for serious concern.

1 Like

It’s not “misrepresented” at all.

First of all, it was a direct quote.

Second of all, she lived up to it when she fired Major Applewhite, did she not?

All right then.

1 Like

I’m with you. I took it her comment as something that’s she was serious about and committed to.

All the sudden, I am hearing that it was a joke…

I want to get to the bottom of this because she really did fire applewhite after the comment.

What is the truth?

1 Like