Fabian

Hate to see his career end at UH.I wonder if he was having issues physically to end the season? Since his back issues to end the conference tourney he has seemingly not been the same. Last night he seemed to not be there having 2 points and 4 boards in 27 minutes. Also against Arizona he played 26 minutes with 4 points and 5 boards and versus Illinois 27 minutes with 6 and 7.

Since Sampson said after the game last night we will be active in The portal I believe we will bring in
More than 1 player. These next few weeks will be interesting. Sampson is truthful with players. I was happy to see Roberts tweet after the game he loved this team. As Sampson also said in
The post game Roberts was our best big last night.

8 Likes

I was wondering the same thing. They really needed Fabian to step up yesterday and that didn’t happen. Again, lack of depth reared its ugly head.

1 Like

In the last three games his numbers were trending down with the same minutes. From Illinois to Arizona to Villanova his points went from 6 to 4 to 2. Rebounds went from 7 to 5 to 4. Just seems Fabian was not physically 100%

4 Likes

That Nova defense is great and was hard for our guys to create their own shot. Taze was the only one that had some success. Good season. Exceded my expectations. Fun to watch and i hope that the team continues to get more fan support.

5 Likes

I had forgotten about the back, but it makes perfect sense. His numbers had been trending down the last few games and he hasn’t been as active.

We didn’t get as far as we did without Fabian. His collegiate career may be over, but he will be getting paid to play somewhere. He will always be one of my favorite cougars.

8 Likes

I think the real content of this thread should be starting a petition to retire #35.

8 Likes

It definitely seemed to be a back issue.

1 Like

I could support that…

1 Like

Love Fabian but really doubt that happens. I do like the idea of having banners put up celebrating great UH players

4 Likes

Lumbar could too

1 Like

Arizona and 'nova both took Fabian out of his game. That should not detract from his contributions to our school. He is a special player with an NBA future.

1 Like