FAU vs Memphis

18-0 Memphis at half. Willie Taggart coaches FAU but I am not sure if FSU or Oregon or FAU is paying him.

Two rules questions while watching this game:

1. FAU intercepted Memphis and the entire Defense ran into the end zone to pose together for the TV camera. No celebration penalty so this is allowed now?

2. Memphis snapped an extra point to the side with a quick flip from the center. So an offensive snap does not need to go through the center’s legs? I never really thought about it. I know my kid’s flag football requires it but not sure at HS, college or pro levels.

Otherwise, it’s a pretty ho-hum game as most bowls are these days.

1 Like

Memphis representing well as I thought they would. Before the game the sideline reporter said Taggert is known for building programs. #NotSureOnThat

1 Like

Taggart is known for something but I don’t think that is it.

3 Likes

Good to see an AAC team out front after watching both Tulane and UCF lose their bowl games.

6 Likes

Bus driving in south Florida?

2 Likes

That had to be the worst or second most (Tuberville Tx Tech cowboy video) promo.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Quite a few of the Memphis playmakers are from the Houston area. I guess playing us is helping with recruiting

1 Like

Didn’t realize Memphis is ending a 5 game losing streak in bowl games and will move to 6-8 all time in bowl games.

Quick bowl history summary:
2 Bowls before 2003 as Memphis St (2-0)
5 Bowls from 2003 to 2008 (2-3)
7 Bowls from 2014 to 2020 (2-5)

I thought they had more recent success but they have played some good names.

Glad to see them take FAU and get one for the AAC. I won’t be sad to see Brady White move on!

5 Likes

You spoke too soon!

8 Likes

Isn’t Cumberland something like 40 now ?

2 Likes

Cumberland is no longer on the team. Here is the link to their roster.

3 Likes

he retired?

5 Likes

Finally! Whew that kid finally left!

5 Likes

My understanding is that the snap must be one continuous motion, and must be smooth. It does not have to go through the legs.

Thanks! When I have lots of time on my hands, I will dig through the online rule book.