Fickell

Have you heard of a guy named Pardee?

1 Like

Jim Harbaugh

2 Likes

I concur Luke to OU :disguised_face:

1 Like

Plenty of coaches who had some success have gone to college like Mackovic, Lovie Smith, Chip Kelly, Jim Mora Jr. Even Carroll at USC was after a halfway decent run as New England’s coach.

It’s really more whether a coach has worn out his welcome as an NFL HC or is very close to that point. Harbaugh is the best example of someone who didn’t have to go back to college. But even Saban actually didn’t need to go back at the point he did. Miami was pretty happy with him and he did a solid job with the roster he had. He just got kind of frustrated with NFL roster building and Miami’s medical staff signing off on Culpeper while not approving Brees after Saban’s first year was probably history altering for Miami, the Saints, Bama, and many coaches in the SEC Saban has gotten fired.

If Fickell wants the big job and $$$$, he should consider doing it now, as he has a senior team and next year will be tougher imho.

3 Likes

When your team is headed to the playoffs, you’ve already got the Big Job.

If we beat them or they get left out of the playoffs, then yeah I could see it. But being in the playoffs with a shot at the national title is one of the things coaches change jobs for, not from.

1 Like

He’s already bought a place in Baton Rouge, he gone

After we take down the Bearcats, he won’t have to worry about the playoffs.

He gone!!!

2 Likes

Dana said Cinci has 33 seniors. Definitely a senior laden team.

I just rewatched the first half of the LSU vs A&M game and they have some talent to work with. It sounds like they got banged up on the offensive line (11 different starters) and at the receiver spot. This seems like a really good job for someone.

Is this deja vu. A la 2011 CUSA Championship game UH vs Southern Miss. CKS was talking to Aggies. We get blown out. Hope we blow them out now.

1 Like

Coogfans, let’s do our best to spread this! It stinks but we know all to well what this feels like.

1 Like

I am positive all Cincy players have known almost all year that he might be leaving. His name gets thrown out for every job. If he wants a big pay day now is the time to do it. I don’t know if he is a good fit for OU or not. Riley kinda punked out lol cause OU n UT are about to be put in their place.

Fickell to OU is good for us. It distracts their players all week long that they may not be totally focused on the game plan.

Someone put out a Breaking News tweet on Fickell to OU is a done deal per sources.
:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Riley completely puss’d out by not talking to the team. Probably because he knows that everyone’s aware this has been in the works for a long time.

The other boards are saying he won’t even answer calls from long-time friends at OU. Reminds me of Rich Rod leaving his alma mater and asking his assistant to clean out his desk and send the stuff in the mail.

1 Like

Did Lincoln leave the leased car at the airport? See Tom Herman

4 Likes

Even better would be a Ryan Day to OU rumor, because Fickell would be much more interested in tOSU.

1 Like

My thought - exactly!

You have to think Bob Stoops is pretty upset. He gifted this job to Lincoln Riley after serving as HC for 16 years. To only stay for 5/6 years and then bolt, man, I’d hate to be on the wrong side of that.

Apparently Stoops and Riley have talked, but IDK. Wouldn’t shock me if OU went the interim route for a year and then hired the right guy. They won’t make a bad hire here.

Obviously Riley was against the SEC move and rightfully so. You can be sure that Stoops is against it too. Right now okie is trying to save face hence Stoops “filling in”
Now let’s take a few step back. Since the great satan and okie made their move to the SEC public what has happened?

1 Like

IDK if I entirely agree, but thoughtful analysis. Good post - an oasis in the desert. :rofl:

1 Like