Fire The Fans

There we’re like 200 fans that stuck around for the game last night. Clearly our fans that dont support the team suck. If you are posting on coogfans then you are a fan and a bad one at that unless you were there last night or had a good excuse such as you live 1200 miles away. Any Houston posters that didnt attend are poor examples of what a good fan base is supposed to be.

Also, I saw a variety of clothing styles worn last night by some fans. That needs to be cleaned up as well. The fans we have dont deserve a 6-1 team.

Who cares what kind of team we have when we cant even be good fans for a 6-1 team?

4 Likes

Did they ever honor the 2011 team?

They did a tribute video but no players came on the field. I guess they left.

Well they weren’t very happy about it anyway

I left, drove home to Katy. Drove back to the stadium, arriving in the second quarter.

6 Likes

I mean it has been 10 years these guys probably all had real things to do in the morning. They’re adults these days.

2 Likes

They let you back in? I was going to go get my jacket out of the car but didnt think I could get back in. I never asked though. I just sat there wrapped up in my poncho.

2011 team are bad fans.

20 Likes

I don’t blame the fans for leaving yesterday’s game as it may have never been played. How long do you wait when you expect to be home before the actual game even began. There are family activities, church, work, etc.
I fault the fans that don’t show during regular games.

12 Likes

Im sure they would have stayed if there were more than 200 people to applaud them. See how that works? Why would they stay?

1 Like

Yep. Didn’t even ask for a ticket. And I parked in the platinum lot when I went back and entered through the club entrance. Only place anyone was checking tickets was to get into the actual club.

Call them back for the SMU. Everyone one keeps telling me that’s the only legiyimate game we’re gonna play.

I dont either and my post is somewhat tongue in cheek. The point is, we expect the team to be there, we expect them to win by 1000 points, we expect them to never get penalties, etc. but we dont expect a whole lot from each other.

We have no control whether the team wins but we do have control over our attitudes and our attendance. Why dont we concentrate on that instead of “101 ways to improve UH football”?

2 Likes

Me and my wife left, and came back for the game once it started. It was a surreal experience seeing it so empty, and with the cool creepy breeze. Lol

4 Likes

Good call. I had no where to go. Drove up from Corpus Christi thinking a 3pm start would get me home by 9:30 last night. It just got later and later. Didnt pack a bag nor had a hotel so I trucked it back to Corpus after the game arriving at 3:30am. That was a long day.

13 Likes

Wow. Good for you sticking around despite the drive. We need more fans like you.

5 Likes

I would settle for fans that dont trash the team they root for, especially when the team is 6-1, but clearly that is asking too much. They all have ideas on how to improve the program but few ideas about their responsibility as a fan.

At least they haven’t started a “Surly Coogs” website yet.

4 Likes

Many of the fans you want to fire are in their 60’s and 70’s and have been writing checks for a long time.
There comes a point when it’s time to call it a night. When the wife says it’s time to go, it’s time to go.

Younger fans have children that can’t handle the wait, or the parents have to pay babysitters.

If you could stay that great, but be careful before you pass judgment on those of us who had to leave.

Hoping for clear skies and a win next Saturday.

18 Likes

I suppose I should have labeled my topic as satire or something. No, I dont blame the fans for leaving, at least those that needed to. The fact they showed up at 3pm means they at least are fans willing to attend a game.
My point is many “fans” are criticizing a 6-1 team and not bothering to criticize themselves for being bad fans.

2 Likes

I can’t speak for everyone but after tailgating for 4 hours then waiting for 3 hours for the game to start. We were ready to go. Good news is I made it back to kingwood and still managed to watch the game from the start.

4 Likes