First game Illinois vs Nebraska/Week 1 thread

Do AAC HCs ever do well after bailing on their teams?

2 Likes

Numerous big penalties adding to Nebraska woes.

I feel their pain. We’ve had a serious QB problem of our own the past two seasons with no one that can replace him. We might be a week away from a complete and total meltdown if Tune continues to mirror Martinez’s QB performance.

3 Likes

Well, it is home…the lure to turn it around would be hard to pass for most….especially if you were The Man during the glory days. Never seems to work out to well…cough…cough Clyde

3 Likes

Tune can throw a lot better than Martinez, Tune is just more talented in my opinion. But like pesik said the situations are very similar.

2 Likes

Meanwhile, the big season opener for UCLA……

Already starting with the negativity and we are only a week away from the opening game. Is there anything positive to say? Anybody? :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

I think Matt Rhule is doing OK at Baylor. Fuentes is apparently on thin ice at VTech. But yeah Herman, Frost, USF coach I can’t remember his name went to FSU, failed miserably and tried to go back to USF ?. Lol

1 Like

Unfortunately, you already know the answer to that. Some just can’t be bothered to wait for this year’s games to be played before gloom and doom.

3 Likes

Tune is WAY better than Martinez.

And we have backups. If Frost had one that QB would already be in the game.

Yes, we have better QB’s than does Nebraska. And probably better than The Illini.

Kudos to Dana.

5 Likes

Matt Rhule isnt at Baylor

2 Likes

Lol what?

Rhule did good things at Baylor. 2nd year as Carolina Panthers HC. Dave Aranda is Baylor HC (former LSU DC)

Taggart was at Oregon for a year after USF. Sucked at FSU. Now at FAU.

Collins from Temple sucking at GT but going from the option to Pro Style is tough.

Chad Morris awful at Arkie after SMU.

Some on here would seem he prefer to be proven right in their anger opposed to us being successful.

Just the way it is with fans. We have a qb who has developed and has a chance to have a great season.

1 Like

He took the Carolina Panthers job. I forgot as well lol

Damn these things move fast. Well I always liked him, glad he’s doing well.

1 Like

It’s home for him.

Don’t forget Sumlin’s stellar stints with the Aggies and Arizona

2 Likes

Rhule is a NFL HC now, so id say hes done great.

Why in the world was Nebraska running so much lol, we’re they trying to run the clock out :joy: