For a school that claims they don't care about us

We sure are mentioned in almost every techtard football thread on their board. Looking forward to next week.

Won’t post links because there are too many and I don’t want to stain Coogfans with Lubbock.

Also according to the techtards, Dana wants the job in Lubbock but keeps getting passed over. Everybody knows he loves Houston way too much to ever live in that hicktown called Lubbock.

I will post last year’s gem of an article.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thebiglead.com/posts/texas-tech-and-houston-cougars-fans-brawled-at-nrg-stadium-01fev2ymmfqc/amp

3 Likes

Why would Dana want to coach at Tech? They have never won anything.

8 Likes

John Sellers and Cody Campbell - 2 ex TTU football players, each made over $1B in the Permian Basin. They are BMDs at TTU now. They flew to Florida after the WVU bowl game and had Dana on the hook to come to Lubbock. Kirby got pissed and basically said “It’s my team. Not yours.” Then hired the Utah State guy.

*rumor of course, but makes sense.

1 Like

Dana left Tech for Houston on a latteral move

9 Likes

No one aspires to become a Sand Aggie.

3 Likes

I spent a month in Lubbock one weekend.

6 Likes

Long term. UH has more upside than TTU. It shouldn’t even be a debate.

2 Likes

Not really, in Houston Sumlin let him call plays.

Either way the resume was co-OC

That’s interesting and would explain a lot about what’s going on up there.

3 Likes

Unless his pay was higher, it was a lateral move. However, escaping the wasteland had to be considered a step up.

Yes, the pay was a little more.

However, he left us for Stillwater for double the pay. I spoke to him after he had announced he was leaving. He said “I really hope I can come back here someday”.

6 Likes