Four corners schools to Big 12

Yep.it would be see ya and wouldn’t want to be ya.

1 Like

Source isn’t the most reliable, but out of all the possibilities this seems like one of the more likely ones. In a lot situations the simplest solutions are usually the ones taken, and that would be one of those solutions.

Why would they leave if UW and UO end up staying and they can just poach an SDSU or a CSU

I’m not necessarily disagreeing w you guys but that’s just my take

Because there isn’t a need to seek membership today. A home in the big 12 will be available tomorrow, the next day and then the next. Big 12 not looking to take anyone else… in other words, their spot in the big 12 is secure, whether they jump ship now or in the near future.

This is the most likely scenario IF Oregon and Washington truly believe they are not going to the B1G

What happens to the ACC? That’s where I’m mostly confused

If the goal here is to have 2 major conferences, then there has to be some 2nd tier conference for the Big 12 and whatever remains of the Pac

Tier 1: SEC and Big 10
Tier 2: Big 12 + four Pac12 schools
Tier 3: Everyone else?

No way. Maybe Clemson goes to the SEC. What about Miami? Florida State? UNC? NC State?

SEC and B1G take who they want to get to 20 or 24 each.

Big 12 takes pieces from the PAC & ACC

Washington and Oregon have already applied to join B1G…They are being made to wait until after B1G talks to Notre Dame…They are GONE…What happens then is up to FOX…If we take PAC schools, it is because that is what FOX wants. If we dont, it is because FOX didnt think available PAC schools bring enough value to Big 12…GEE, where have we heard THAT before? Whatever happens, its a good day for the new Big 12…

4 Likes

So we’re pretty much back to G5 status

Take this with a grain of salt. From Kansas State board

10 Likes

And that guy is one of the people in the know at K-State. He was one of the first to break that UH,UCF,BYU and Cincy were going to the Big 12

Ever since UT and OU left, Kansas State has been calling a lot of the shots in the 12. They were actually one of the main advocates for UH.

15 Likes

Because they know UO and WU are leaving and they won’t know when til the day it happens. You’re a great Coog 3rd Ward but I think you’re wrong on this.

1 Like

Not in that scenario

Tier 1
SEC (24)
B1G (24)

Tier 2
Big 24 (24)

Tier 3
G5s

1 Like

Well then I like K-State!

4 Likes

He lost me at invite the AZ schools and leave out Utah (the team that’s picked to go to the Rose Bowl and almost made the playoffs last year.)

1 Like

Until Notre Dame makes a decision, none of this is gonna move forward is how I feel

1 Like

Utah brings NOTHING in the way of new markets…We already have the state of Utah. .And markets are a big deal in this round of expansion. They may come, but Colorado and the Arizona schools have more value with their markets.

1 Like

This is exactly what I think is going on right now….

The Big 12 already had the Metroplex when they invited TCU. The frogs got in because they were a winner. Utah wins. They would go directly to the head of the conference day 1. And to this day TCU doesn’t bring the metroplex. The entire non-LDS half of Utah follows the Utes. Colorado sucks the air out of their state. I’ll bet they can’t beat Duck Dynasty reruns in Denver. ASU is predicted dead last this year…and they’re about to go on probation. Its a team capable of winning the natty next year vs Sucksville in football. AZ is a great brand in bball and they have potential in football. AZ and the Utes would be my favorites. You could bring ASU in when they get off probation. ### Colorado. All the legacy B12 schools hate them.

2 Likes

And you will own a heated rivalry

2 Likes