Free ESPN+ from Houston Athletics

Anyone else get the email to get free ESPN+ from our Athletic Department?

Were you able to get it? Some friends and I tried and we get to the loading screen and it is stuck there.

Mine stuck also. Since I already subscribe can I cancel that subscription and save the $$?

1 Like

I did not get this email and, in the language of my kids, it sounds very sus’. Are you sure it is from UH?

2 Likes

I didn’t get that email…when did they send it??

what is email address that sent it?

If it doesn’t end in “uh.edu” or “uhcougars.com” I would be cautious.

1 Like

I got the email. But it was only for 800 people.

Prepare to hate me and the other 799

8 Likes

I get ESPN plus already and I got 11 text messages today saying I’m getting a refund of $7.55, which is what I pay per month. I don’t know it’s tied to this, but I’ll take it

3 Likes

That’s cool those that were in the first 800. Congratulations!

3 Likes

On another note for ESPN+ subscription. You can still subscribe at current rate – 69.99/yr till Monday. New price increases will take effect on 8/23–Tue @ 99.99/yr. I had cancelled in late May bc I don’t use it in Summer ( they prorate back unused $$) . So Rep just assured me if I go in to ESPN site , I can lock it in for 12 mos @ 69.99 up till 8/22-- Monday midnight.

Got the email, it won’t work. Anyone having any luck?

I received also and signed up and all it does is spin and never loads with the activation code I was sent. I hope UH sends out an update to correct this.

Same problem here. Is anyone looking into this??

1 Like

I coldn’t log in on Tuesday so I called ESPN. They said the link was a scam and they had no knowledge of the offer. I called UH and eventually got through to Brandon at the ticket office. He said the email was valid, but that I was the only person who reported a problem. He would get back to me Wednesday morning. It is now Thursday at 5:07 pm. No call from UH.

Didn’t work for me, either. Spinning wheel only, which might be our ticket office’s official logo.

1 Like

I even tried to log in under a different email and create a new account. Looks like another UH blunder.

Spinning wheel of nothingness as well for me.

It’s the thought that counts??

1 Like

UPDATE…just tried again…same old spinner

I received this email reply yesterday after telling them about this problem. Here is their reply so we will see what happens if anything.

Hi R------

Thank you for reaching out.

We are aware of the situation and we are working with ESPN+ to have that fixed. Once the issues has been resolved, an email will be sent to every season ticket holder who has a subscription code.

Sorry for any inconvenience this might have cost you.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks

1 Like